Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

as a kid were you ever hit as a punishment

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
if yes how.....
as for me as a punishment I was hit with the phone wire. To this day I have a scar
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:41 AM
Replies (61-64):
myusernamedied
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 3:37 AM

What I meant when I said that it couldn't have really qualified as a punishment, was because there was never a reason.
I could breathe wrong, be alive, and of course they were often, how else would I have scars EVERYWHERE from it?
So yeah, I guess we have that in common.

Quoting ReachtotheStars:

I am sure he thought of it as punishment.  Mine was often, I looked at him wrong, gave a wrong answer, or I was born.  

Any of those infractions plus many more deserved punishment in his eyes.  

Quoting myusernamedied:

My dad used to beat me senseless for any reason he could possibly think of, but it never could have really qualified as punishment.

He threw me across rooms, bashed my head into things, bashed anything close to him into my head, he'd punch me, kick me, slap me, use the belt, make me do physical activities, like pushups while beating me with the belt, he burnt me with soddering guns and cigarettes, he would starve me, etc.

I have scars from my head to my toes.
To this day, I have nightmares of him coming to get me and no one stopping him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 7, 2012 at 3:38 AM
1 mom liked this
No, I was never hit growing up, I was spanked however.

There is a difference between being beaten and being disciplined
daiseymae2
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 3:38 AM

My mom used the hair brush or wooden spoon, but that was pretty typical. Even the school used a wooden paddle. My dad however did abuse us. He came in swinging a belt one day when we were play fighting over my slippers. He didn't care who he hit or how hard. He beat the crap out of my younger brother with it. He was only about 6. He liked to throw things at me. A Tupperware bowl that I ducked from and it hit my little brother in the head, a sink stopper that hit my hand and bruised it, a weight bench that I dived out of the way of, a can of starch. My older brother and him would get in fist fights a lot.

Fields456
by Ruby Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 3:47 AM
I think I was spanked a total of 3 times moms hand. Maybe 2 idk don't remember
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)