Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Gossip post about Christians! That's right.

Posted by   + Show Post

So, how many christians in this group believes that the world is only 4,000 years old?

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

*marking the 599968yth post/reply being mean, evil, horrible, which makes me worse than anonymous*

by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 2:10 AM
Replies (21-30):
AshandJax
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 2:26 AM
1 mom liked this

It's 6000! Get it right!

RoseBlossom
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 2:27 AM
1 mom liked this

i thought about it being 4-6000 years old from a creationist standpoint, and I know they go off of what the bible says with the generations from adam or something like that. i think that there is a lot of evidence of evolutionary science, but i dont think we just became created from black mass that suddenly appeared so I believe that the big bang could have been God's voice saying let there be light! bang! lol. i think that it could very well have been what God says in the bible, that a day is a thousand years and a 1000 years is a day.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Dec. 7, 2012 at 2:28 AM

Age of the Earth

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Earth as seen from Apollo 17

The age of the Earth is 4.54 ± 0.05 billion years (4.54 × 109 years ± 1%).[1][2][3] This age is based on evidence from radiometric age dating of meteorite material and is consistent with the ages of the oldest-known terrestrial and lunar samples. Following the scientific revolution and the development of radiometric age dating, measurements of lead in uranium-rich mineralsshowed that some were in excess of a billion years old.[4]

The oldest such minerals analyzed to date – small crystals of zircon from the Jack Hills of Western Australia – are at least 4.404 billion years old.[5][6][7] Comparing the mass and luminosity of the Sun to the magnitudes of other stars, it appears that the solar system cannot be much older than those rocks. Ca-Al-rich inclusions (inclusions rich in calcium and aluminium) – the oldest known solid constituents within meteorites that are formed within the solar system – are 4.567 billion years old,[8][9] giving an age for the solar system and an upper limit for the age of Earth.

It is hypothesised that the accretion of Earth began soon after the formation of the Ca-Al-rich inclusions and the meteorites. Because the exact accretion time of Earth is not yet known, and the predictions from different accretion models range from a few millions up to about 100 million years, the exact age of Earth is difficult to determine. It is also difficult to determine the exact age of the oldest rocks on Earth, exposed at the surface, as they are aggregates of minerals of possibly different ages.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 7, 2012 at 2:29 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

I have no idea what so ever. I don't think about it, honestly. Lol

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Dec. 7, 2012 at 2:30 AM

Age of the Earth

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Earth as seen from Apollo 17

The age of the Earth is 4.54 ± 0.05 billion years (4.54 × 109 years ± 1%).[1][2][3] This age is based on evidence from radiometric age dating of meteorite material and is consistent with the ages of the oldest-known terrestrial and lunar samples. Following the scientific revolution and the development of radiometric age dating, measurements of lead in uranium-rich mineralsshowed that some were in excess of a billion years old.[4]

The oldest such minerals analyzed to date – small crystals of zircon from the Jack Hills of Western Australia – are at least 4.404 billion years old.[5][6][7] Comparing the mass and luminosity of the Sun to the magnitudes of other stars, it appears that the solar system cannot be much older than those rocks. Ca-Al-rich inclusions (inclusions rich in calcium and aluminium) – the oldest known solid constituents within meteorites that are formed within the solar system – are 4.567 billion years old,[8][9] giving an age for the solar system and an upper limit for the age of Earth.

It is hypothesised that the accretion of Earth began soon after the formation of the Ca-Al-rich inclusions and the meteorites. Because the exact accretion time of Earth is not yet known, and the predictions from different accretion models range from a few millions up to about 100 million years, the exact age of Earth is difficult to determine. It is also difficult to determine the exact age of the oldest rocks on Earth, exposed at the surface, as they are aggregates of minerals of possibly different ages.

thetrollcat
by Meow on Dec. 7, 2012 at 2:30 AM

I saw your screaming rambling statement the first time.

I wasnt asking for correction I am asking if christians believe the EARTH is only 4,000 years old.

Either answer or butt out!

Quoting AshandJax:

It's 6000! Get it right!

I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

*marking the 599968yth post/reply being mean, evil, horrible, which makes me worse than anonymous*

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 7, 2012 at 2:30 AM

If you read the bible, it clearly states the world is around 4,000 years old.

tharealty2
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 2:31 AM

Quoting thetrollcat:

according to the orange anonymous she stated 4,000 years old.

BTW do you believe the planet is only 6,000 years old?

Or do you believe it is possible the planet is billion or so?

Quoting tharealty2:

thought it was 6,000 years but either way - I do believe God created the Earth in 7 days.  

I believe its possible it could be older, or 'younger' than any expert knows.

thetrollcat
by Meow on Dec. 7, 2012 at 2:31 AM

according to which bible, what verses and so forth?

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 7, 2012 at 2:31 AM
1 mom liked this
Where? Show me book, chapter and verse.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)