Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Gossip post about Christians! That's right.

Posted by   + Show Post

So, how many christians in this group believes that the world is only 4,000 years old?

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

*marking the 599968yth post/reply being mean, evil, horrible, which makes me worse than anonymous*

by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 2:10 AM
Replies (61-70):
Momof5kids84
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:28 AM
I'm Christian, and the Earth is obviously older than 4,000 years.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
thetrollcat
by Meow on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:29 AM

will keep bumping until I get a christian that firmly believes earth is only 4,000 years old

embersparkle
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:30 AM
I'm a Christian and I know the world is more than 4000 years old. God is not restricted to time.
TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:31 AM
1 mom liked this
I was a christian, and I've never believed the world was only 4,000 years old.

It's 3,998... duh ;p jk
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:37 PM

Okay.......we wouldn't want that ....now would we, lol

Quoting thefiregoddess:

Stop blowing their minds with rational hard science sassy. They might start speaking in tongues.

Quoting Sassy762:

Age of the Earth

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Earth as seen from Apollo 17

The age of the Earth is 4.54 ± 0.05 billion years (4.54 × 109 years ± 1%).[1][2][3] This age is based on evidence from radiometric age dating of meteorite material and is consistent with the ages of the oldest-known terrestrial and lunar samples. Following the scientific revolution and the development of radiometric age dating, measurements of lead in uranium-rich mineralsshowed that some were in excess of a billion years old.[4]

The oldest such minerals analyzed to date – small crystals of zircon from the Jack Hills of Western Australia – are at least 4.404 billion years old.[5][6][7] Comparing the mass and luminosity of the Sun to the magnitudes of other stars, it appears that the solar system cannot be much older than those rocks. Ca-Al-rich inclusions (inclusions rich in calcium and aluminium) – the oldest known solid constituents within meteorites that are formed within the solar system – are 4.567 billion years old,[8][9] giving an age for the solar system and an upper limit for the age of Earth.

It is hypothesised that the accretion of Earth began soon after the formation of the Ca-Al-rich inclusions and the meteorites. Because the exact accretion time of Earth is not yet known, and the predictions from different accretion models range from a few millions up to about 100 million years, the exact age of Earth is difficult to determine. It is also difficult to determine the exact age of the oldest rocks on Earth, exposed at the surface, as they are aggregates of minerals of possibly different ages.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:53 PM
Pentecostal nutto?? Go right on ahead have your self a good chuckle think about how superiorly smart you are since you dont believe in "fairytales" HOWEVER one day ONE DAY you WILL stand before God and what will you say then smartypants!!

Quoting thefiregoddess:

I knew one back in a myspace group back in the day.. TurtleChick87 or something.

She also believed dinosaur bones were planted by the devil to trick us all.

I know someone, his new wife believes the earth is 4k old, shes a tongue speaking pentacostal nutto.

Quoting thetrollcat:

I have never met any christian (but then again I do not really hang out that much or discuss this topic in general with christian) that honestly believes the earth is only 4,0000 years old or 6,000 for that matter. Im not saying they dont exist, perhaps some really do believe.

I also know that not all christians dismiss science. Science is also proving existance of things that happened in the bible.

Quoting thefiregoddess:

Stop blowing their minds with rational hard science sassy. They might start speaking in tongues.

Quoting Sassy762:

Age of the Earth

The age of the Earth is 4.54 ± 0.05 billion years (4.54 × 109 years ± 1%).[1][2][3] This age is based on evidence from radiometric age dating of meteorite material and is consistent with the ages of the oldest-known terrestrial and lunar samples. Following the scientific revolution and the development of radiometric age dating, measurements of lead in uranium-rich mineralsshowed that some were in excess of a billion years old.[4]

The oldest such minerals analyzed to date – small crystals of zircon from the Jack Hills of Western Australia – are at least 4.404 billion years old.[5][6][7] Comparing the mass and luminosity of the Sun to the magnitudes of other stars, it appears that the solar system cannot be much older than those rocks. Ca-Al-rich inclusions (inclusions rich in calcium and aluminium) – the oldest known solid constituents within meteorites that are formed within the solar system – are 4.567 billion years old,[8][9] giving an age for the solar system and an upper limit for the age of Earth.

It is hypothesised that the accretion of Earth began soon after the formation of the Ca-Al-rich inclusions and the meteorites. Because the exact accretion time of Earth is not yet known, and the predictions from different accretion models range from a few millions up to about 100 million years, the exact age of Earth is difficult to determine. It is also difficult to determine the exact age of the oldest rocks on Earth, exposed at the surface, as they are aggregates of minerals of possibly different ages.

thefiregoddess
by MotherDucker on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes prove you're  a nutjob with your high and mighty anon sidesplittinglaughter

Shes bananas AND pentecostal. Are all pents nuts... dunno, dont care.

I will NOT stand before god because GOD DOES NOT EXIST.

Quoting Anonymous:

Pentecostal nutto?? Go right on ahead have your self a good chuckle think about how superiorly smart you are since you dont believe in "fairytales" HOWEVER one day ONE DAY you WILL stand before God and what will you say then smartypants!!

Quoting thefiregoddess:

I knew one back in a myspace group back in the day.. TurtleChick87 or something.

She also believed dinosaur bones were planted by the devil to trick us all.

I know someone, his new wife believes the earth is 4k old, shes a tongue speaking pentacostal nutto.

Quoting thetrollcat:

I have never met any christian (but then again I do not really hang out that much or discuss this topic in general with christian) that honestly believes the earth is only 4,0000 years old or 6,000 for that matter. Im not saying they dont exist, perhaps some really do believe.

I also know that not all christians dismiss science. Science is also proving existance of things that happened in the bible.

Quoting thefiregoddess:

Quoting Sassy762:

Age of the Earth

mhaney03
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:05 PM

I don't care either.. in the end, does it really matter?

Quoting Anonymous:

Same here.  I honestly really do not care either. 

Oh and yes, I am Christian.  I could not care less how old the Earth is. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I have no idea what so ever. I don't think about it, honestly. Lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:07 PM

time then wasnt the same as now. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:08 PM

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN