Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How did you soothe your baby in the womb?

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 4:07 AM
  • 27 Replies

I'm currently 20 weeks pregnant with my first. I'd like to soothe him, calm him while he's in there. If you played music, what exactly did you play? If you talked to them, what sort of things would you talk about? Books you read? Ect....

How far along were you when you started?

I'd love to hear your stories!

All details & info is helpful :) Thank you lovelies!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 4:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lalaboosh
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 4:09 AM

Baby is pretty calm when you're calm. During pregnancy soothing yourself is like soothing the baby. They feel what we feel. Did you know that the white noise from all your blood pumping is as loud as a vaccuum cleaner to their little ears? That's why people go SHHHHHHHH when their newborns are fussy, it's not to tell them to be quiet, but to comfort them with a familiar sound. :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 7, 2012 at 4:09 AM
My df played wake flocka & wiz khalifa lol
Idk if it soothed baby but he sure loves to dance I was like 25 weeks +
kblossom20
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 4:11 AM

I've been pretty stressed out these days, unfortunately.... So that's why I'm looking for things to calm him every night in bed.

To calm myself I just take bubble baths. Thanks for the interesting facts. Are loud noises from the outside muffled to him?

Quoting lalaboosh:

Baby is pretty calm when you're calm. During pregnancy soothing yourself is like soothing the baby. They feel what we feel. Did you know that the white noise from all your blood pumping is as loud as a vaccuum cleaner to their little ears? That's why people go SHHHHHHHH when their newborns are fussy, it's not to tell them to be quiet, but to comfort them with a familiar sound. :)

Nicky2911
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 4:14 AM

I sang while I did the dishesor in the shower ect... even before dd had "ears" to hear with. People thought I was nuts but I told them sound is about vibrations even if she can't hear the music she can feel the music. Your entire head and upper body is a giant resonating chamber after all. I also talked to her alot throughout the day about pretty much everything. We would also play a poke game. Whenever she would stretch and stick out body parts I would poke her a little just so it pushed back a bit. Sometimes if I felt a pointy part I would poke her until she either pushed back or moved that pointy little butt back into the stomach where it belonged lol

SOCO101
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 4:14 AM

I talked to her a lot. Whenever I would walk around she would go to sleep. We played all kinds of music while I was pregnant, even went to a Toby Keith concert, I wouldn't consider it soothing music, lol! Dh went through a second childhood or something while I was pregnant with her. He put a system in his car, and played hip hop and rap. I always made him turn it off when I was in there because dd would go crazy. I assumed it was bothering her. But since before she could crawl, she gets down whenever you play anything from those music genres! 

lalaboosh
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 4:16 AM

Probably, but even if they're not muffled that much remember that what he's going through is all new to him. He won't feel scared by a loud noise unless YOU do. He doesn't know to be scared. And if it's a loud noise that happens a lot in your house (like maybe a toddler screaming or you're a loud talker or something) he'll be used to it. My friend has a toddler and is a loud talker and her new baby sleeps like a rock through all noises because she's just used to it. I do know that babies who hear male voices, especially their father's voice, while in the womb are more comfortable around males after birth. They're already used to female voices because of their mother being right there all the time.

Quoting kblossom20:

I've been pretty stressed out these days, unfortunately.... So that's why I'm looking for things to calm him every night in bed.

To calm myself I just take bubble baths. Thanks for the interesting facts. Are loud noises from the outside muffled to him?

Quoting lalaboosh:

JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Dec. 7, 2012 at 4:20 AM
Lol I played wiz Khalifa and kid cudI...I just had my son in Oct... I was hoping that type of music would later on make him want to dance. You give me hope lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 7, 2012 at 4:27 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol it worked for us my son is 1 now & gets his move on :D

Quoting JerseyAirGurl:

Lol I played wiz Khalifa and kid cudI...I just had my son in Oct... I was hoping that type of music would later on make him want to dance. You give me hope lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

kblossom20
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:22 PM

Bump! 

mary841108
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:23 PM

ate buffalo chicken pizza and since that calmed me, i assumed it calmed the baby lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN