Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

lied about my job

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I quit my job last week and told the state I was laid off due to economic reasons( I actually quit on my own free will).. they never checked. I recently applied for food stamps and health care assistance for me and my family. I have two kids and my husband and we will only receive about 200 dollars a month due to the fact he works part time. I am glad we got some assistance and I can now stay home with my kids. they are only young once!

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 7, 2012 at 7:38 AM
Replies (141-150):
LucyHarper
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 3:06 PM

If they ever check that, which they most likely will, you will be in major trouble. That money is for the needy, people who can't work, not people who simply don't want to work. 

LucyHarper
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 3:07 PM

You are not needy, you just don't want to work and want it given to you, which is lazy. 

Quoting Anonymous:

that's what the money is for, to help the needy.

Quoting owl0210:

Congrats on being a moocher!

MonicaAnne
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 3:10 PM
Soooooo you say your spouse only brings in $200 a month. How do you have Internet? And how are your other bills paid?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
amyasmommy2005
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 3:11 PM

girl i know ur trolling because if ur not your making women who really need help look bad

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Dec. 7, 2012 at 3:12 PM

Good luck. i dont think it matters if you quit or if you were let go from your job. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 7, 2012 at 3:13 PM

Congrats on being a liar and a mooch. You should be so proud.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 7, 2012 at 3:14 PM

Needy and lazy are two different things.

Quoting Anonymous:

that's what the money is for, to help the needy.

Quoting owl0210:

Congrats on being a moocher!

MrsRi
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 3:14 PM

I've known people who have done that and when your tax stuff catches up, if it's discovered that you lied about being laid off, you could be responsible for a fucked up fine and sometimes jail time for fraud.  You know, you could still have applied for assistance while being honest if you could justify the reason you quit.

Good luck.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 7, 2012 at 3:16 PM

most people are going to bash you but i totally understand they

usually dont check when they ask for that stuff so i heard but they will send you a verification form that verifies that you dont work at ur current job so either ur going to have to fill it out or be honest and ur employer fills it out be carefull tho if they think ur lying u could have to pay it all back.. good luck momma

glycerinej
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 3:18 PM
And it is people like you, that make others look bad. You will get caught. hate to tell you but they DO check.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)