Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Infected?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies

Yeah yeah I'll be taking him to the drs but its on 7 so they're not open. I thought it was just healing but then I saw the red, it started as a crack from the cold. Im terrified of mrsa, does it look like that? Should I take the pus out and wash it?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 7, 2012 at 7:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BridgeEbb
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:02 AM

It looks a little infected.  I would clean it with some peroxide and then put some neosporin on it.  If it starts to get a red line coming from it then an Dr's appt will be needed. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:07 AM
Ohh a red line? Okay thank you, I'm one of those paranoid moms but I'm trying not to be anymore so I was all ready to call. Thanks tho now I know what to look for

Quoting BridgeEbb:

It looks a little infected.  I would clean it with some peroxide and then put some neosporin on it.  If it starts to get a red line coming from it then an Dr's appt will be needed. 

BridgeEbb
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:11 AM
1 mom liked this

Your welcome! I was like that too.  LOL it's all in being a mom

lilyrose2011
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:29 AM
What is it? A bite or scratch or somthing?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:32 AM
His skin was cracked from the cold

Quoting lilyrose2011:

Stephd710
by Platinum Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:34 AM
It doesn't look serious yet but it is infected. Soak it in peroxide, then put a bandaid with neosporin on it. Should clear it right up! No Dr appt necessary.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilyrose2011
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:35 AM
Oh wow and it got infected like that. If it was on my hand I'd drain the pus and put peroxide or alcohol on it and keep a eye on it to make sure it doesn't get worse

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting lilyrose2011:

PerfectVirgo
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:37 AM
My dd gets MRSA every few months. It doesn't look that bad to me, because it already came to a head. If you can get the pus out, great. But don't force it. I usually put a bandaid with Rx antibiotic cream on it and my dd will eventually break it open herself. Lysol anything he touches.
CorpCityGrl
by Platinum Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:37 AM

Like others have said - clean it out with peroxide and put some neosporin on it.  Since you mentioned that his skin is cracked from the cold, I would also make sure he properly moisturizes all throughout the day with a heavy moisturizer because cracked skin can be painful and can cause more injuries.  Try using the Neutrogena hand cream on him and something like Aquaphor at night.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:48 AM
I know right, he came home with little cracks the other day and he wears gloves. He has really sensitive skin. Okay I'm gonna see if he'll let me drain it, thank you

Quoting lilyrose2011:

Oh wow and it got infected like that. If it was on my hand I'd drain the pus and put peroxide or alcohol on it and keep a eye on it to make sure it doesn't get worse

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting lilyrose2011:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured