Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have question!!!! Slight TMI Poll added

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Dress or Dress pants

Options:

Suck it up and wear the damn dress

Be comfortable and buy the pants to wear

Tell hubby your dying and can't even go

Other because there is always an other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 46

View Results

Ok first let me say that I spent all day yesterday looking for a dress to wear to my husband's company Christmas party tonight. I finally found something after hours of searching but now I'm seriously thinking about going back out and just finding a pair of black dress pants. I have a black sweater from VS and a red sweater jacket I can wear with it. I'm thinking of doing this because I started my monthly this morning and I'm slightly uncomfortable wearing a dress while on my period. I'm cramping badly and being cold makes that worse. :/ Am I being ridiculous or would you feel the same way?

by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:27 AM
Replies (11-20):
momof3jam
by Platinum Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:48 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh. My concern would have been it showing through. I don't get cold, like ever... Wear pants if you think you'd be more comfortable and save the dress for another night.

Quoting bmw29:

It's light grey but my main concern is that I'm crampy and being cold makes that worse. I don't want to spend the evening cold and miserable.

Quoting momof3jam:

I'd feel the same way - is the dress black?

chaoticmess
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:50 AM
Pants and a dressy shirt or sweater maybe some heels. i wouldnt want to wear a dress either with my period on. goodluck
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
adhaodd1child
by Platinum Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:50 AM
1 mom liked this
I would wear pants. Wal-Mart has cute cheap black pants you could get.
mom2twins82
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:51 AM
1 mom liked this
The slacks outfit sounds cute. I would do that!
bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:51 AM
1 mom liked this

I have dress boots to wear with it and a nice black sweater with the red sweater jacket. It will look fine I just wanted to know if I was being completely insane for not wanting to wear the dress. LOL

Quoting chaoticmess:

Pants and a dressy shirt or sweater maybe some heels. i wouldnt want to wear a dress either with my period on. goodluck

Livigirlsmom322
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:53 AM
1 mom liked this

I feel the same way.  I can't stand wearing a dress or skirt that time of the month.

bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:59 AM

Bump for poll

NoahandEliza
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:01 AM
1 mom liked this
Buy the pants! Of course, I don't like dresses, so my opinion is bias.
taKENheart
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:02 AM

I know that you don't love the dress and probably settled after that long search yesterday AND I know you won't tell him you aren't going SOoooo get the damn pants :P lol

I originally told you that if it's not a heavy day to wear a tamp and don't go commando, LMAO! I just think you should be comfortable tonight so you can attempt to enjoy the evening :) If pants do that for you then put some pants on woman, hehe!

bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:03 AM

LOL At least you're honest. I'll be quite honest, once I got the dress home and tried on the whole outfit I thought my chicken legs looked quite funky. 

Quoting NoahandEliza:

Buy the pants! Of course, I don't like dresses, so my opinion is bias.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured