Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Am I pissed over nothing?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 34 Replies

DD is in Kindergarten. Yesterday at recess she was pushed (not bullied, but by friends) down a slide. She tumbled down it, and landed on her neck. She was sent to the nurse for who knows how long (she's 5, so she doesn't know how to read time yet). She said she was in a lot of pain.

I didn't get a note home, or a phone call, or anything. Shouldn't they have let me know if my daughter fell on her neck?

DS broke his arm in school a few weeks ago, maybe they don't want to risk a liability with another one of my kids getting hurt on their watch? Idk, but I think it's pretty f'd up that I hear about my DD's neck injury (minor or not) from HER and not her teacher...

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:30 AM
1 mom liked this
I feel the teacher should have sent a note warning you to watch it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:30 AM
2 moms liked this

i'd be concerned. if its something that serious where she needs to go see the nurse, i'd expect to be called. then, as her parent, i'd make the decision of whether she should get checked out by the doctors and maybe an xray- just in case. only time the nurse doesnt call me is when DS goes in for headaches.

indymom72
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:31 AM

Quoting brettsmomma:

I feel the teacher should have sent a note warning you to watch it.

I agree

aiyess
by Gold Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:31 AM
1 mom liked this
They should have called you or wrote a note or the teacher should have spoken to you at dismissal. I would be pissed too.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
emeraldangel2.0
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:32 AM

Quoting aiyess:

They should have called you or wrote a note or the teacher should have spoken to you at dismissal. I would be pissed too.

frzmamaof4
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:34 AM

Quoting aiyess:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:35 AM

I agree. I mean, an ADULT should tell you what happened - you shouldn't have to rely on the word and details of a 5 year old. I had her show me what happened with her dolls and a Hot Wheels race track, but really??? What if she "forgot" to tell me? She forgets everything anyway lol

Peaceful.chaos
by Ruby Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:36 AM
Are you she didn't embellish what happened? Surely the school wouldn't ignore a possible neck injury. My kids embellish things often.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beerabitch69
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:37 AM
I guess if she was ok they didn't think a note was needed.
I mean kids get hurt all the time. That's what the nurse is there for.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
La_Vie_en_R0se
by Gold Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:38 AM

That's weird.  Whenever something has happened on the playground with one of my children, the nurse has always called me.  I'd call and speak to the nurse, and just ask that you be contacted next time.  It think they are supposed to report all injuries like that to you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN