Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Am I pissed over nothing?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

DD is in Kindergarten. Yesterday at recess she was pushed (not bullied, but by friends) down a slide. She tumbled down it, and landed on her neck. She was sent to the nurse for who knows how long (she's 5, so she doesn't know how to read time yet). She said she was in a lot of pain.

I didn't get a note home, or a phone call, or anything. Shouldn't they have let me know if my daughter fell on her neck?

DS broke his arm in school a few weeks ago, maybe they don't want to risk a liability with another one of my kids getting hurt on their watch? Idk, but I think it's pretty f'd up that I hear about my DD's neck injury (minor or not) from HER and not her teacher...

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:28 AM
Replies (11-20):
scarletmeshell
by Platinum Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:38 AM

I would just speak to the teacher and nurse and let them know you want to be called or have a note sent home in the future.

CorpCityGrl
by Platinum Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:38 AM

The teacher or school should have either left a note for you or called to talk to you to aprise you of the situation so that you can keep an eye out for your DD. 

staceysgorbach
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:39 AM

I would be pissed. My middle son's thumb was broken from a boy who got mad at him and kicked him. My son had to call me to let me know he thought his thumb was broken. No one took care or the incident, meaning, the coach that was in charge told my son he was not in charge, to go find someone else. So my son goes to the office and calls home. There was no incident report made. We ended up filing charges on the boy who did it after viewing the tape to see what happened. Yeah, i was not happy at all! 

Paparazzi5bling
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:40 AM

yeah i'd be pissed.  my son got tripped at recess and hit his head and had an instant bump.... they sent him to the nurse.  then the nurse had him come back an hour later to check him again and she called us.  his teacher also sent a note home that day about it, too.

mjande4
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:41 AM

This.  Particularly if you acted like it was a really big deal to your daughter. Her story might have gotten much bigger. 

Quoting Peaceful.chaos:

Are you she didn't embellish what happened? Surely the school wouldn't ignore a possible neck injury. My kids embellish things often.

Steph1499
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:43 AM

I would have wanted a note or a call just because she landed on her neck.  If it were a little scrape or something then no big deal to not get a call.  Accidents happen and it sounds like kids being kids but they are adults and need to let you know.  I would give them a call and just say if my kids come to the clinic then give me a call or send a note home. 

Lizardannie1966
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:45 AM

They should have told you. This wasn't a minor situation and luckily (I assume) she's OK.

I think you're justified in being upset, OP.

levansbx
by Gold Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:46 AM
This

Quoting aiyess:

They should have called you or wrote a note or the teacher should have spoken to you at dismissal. I would be pissed too.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:48 AM

Of course you should have been sent a note at the very least. A call would have been nice.

Byrd15
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:49 AM

They should have let you know... 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN