Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

in the christmas spirit

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:34 AM
  • 5 Replies

do you try to do anything special around christmas time in the name of the holiday spirit? do you encourage your children to do anything extra or helpful? do you volunteer for charity or something like that?

Proud mom of an ornery 3 year old boy, a very smart 6 year old girl! Married for 4.5 years, together for 7! Fun loving, open-minded, eco-friendly, creative,friendly, different strokes work for different folks, lady! I stay at home, work at home, love it all!

by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
ajrjj05
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:36 AM

we buy a angel child. This year I am just not feeling it though. We haven't even turned on our lights

EmilyJ604
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:39 AM

I am also in the Christmas spirit I love Christmas! My 4yr old boy and 9 yr old girl love reading the Christmas story and making cookies around the holidays we have a blast!

Des10ed2b
by Gold Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:42 AM

Quoting ajrjj05:

we buy a angel child. This year I am just not feeling it though. We haven't even turned on our lights

that was us last year. we just never felt like "christmas". it was just kinda blah. i am sorry you are having that kind of year. 

Proud mom of an ornery 3 year old boy, a very smart 6 year old girl! Married for 4.5 years, together for 7! Fun loving, open-minded, eco-friendly, creative,friendly, different strokes work for different folks, lady! I stay at home, work at home, love it all!

ajrjj05
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:47 AM

I don't know why though there is no reason, my kids have gifts, including wrestle mania tickets under the tree we have plenty of money. I am just like lets do this and get it over with...lol

Quoting Des10ed2b:

Quoting ajrjj05:

that was us last year. we just never felt like "christmas". it was just kinda blah. i am sorry you are having that kind of year. 

Des10ed2b
by Gold Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:24 AM

my kids love to give money to the salvation army bell ringers. So whenever the kid's are with me i dig out a couple coins for both of them to donate, even if it is just pennies. Yes, i also donate when they are not with me, i just let them do it when they are with me. 

we also go through all their toys every year and anything they do not play with often we donate to charity. my kid's say they are "giving toys to kid's who dont have any". It has become a tradition for us as soon as december hits to load up a trash bag of toys and clothes for donation. 

i also return carts for people or gather ones that people have left around the parking lot and put them in the cart corrall. i know that they pay people for that, but it is cold out there and those people arent paid much. I think it is nice to make their job a little easier for them! 

last year we pulled up by a homeless person and i had absolutely no money on me. But my daughter had an extra pair of gloves in her coat, so she gave her gloves to him. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)