Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The 5-6 year age gap

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:41 AM
  • 117 Replies

Anyone have a 5 -6 year age gap? Just wondering since *now I have started studies again* that will be the age gap if I was to become pregnant once I finish. My concerns are that DS will be starting school in 2016 and I finish my course Mid 2015 so he would almost 6 and I worry he wont be "close" with his sibling or get to spend much time with them?

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

I am Co-Sleeping, Co-Bathing, Pro-Choice, Non Circumcising, C-sectioned, Mix Feeding, Baby Wearing, Tattooed and Pierced AUSTRALIAN Mummy :)
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommaOfFive440
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:42 AM
1 mom liked this
Mine are 3 yr apart and then 18mo so Im no help but here is a bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyLehr
by Veronica on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:44 AM
I'm not sure. I don't want more than 3 years between my kids. I have a 4 and 2 year old already, so I should get started on our next. Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:45 AM
1 mom liked this

My daughter is 5 and I have a 6 month old. They are wonderful together!!

TaralynnStewart
by Platinum Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:45 AM
My oldest and middle are 7 yrs apart. It was great when the middle was a baby up until a yr or so ago. They now fight over everything!!! It drives me insane.

My middle (3) and youngest (almost one) are becoming best friend since the youngest is walking and interacting, but the minute my oldest gets home from school there is some sort of drama.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-ZombieGirl-
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Mine are shy of 5 years apart and I love it. My oldest loves helping with her little sister and my youngest follows my oldest all around. I think they are going to be best friends.

dbrown1989
by Gold Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:45 AM

I have a close friend whose boys I spend a lot of time with, they are 5 years apart. She wanted it that way. Those two are the best of friends and they love and protect each other to no end. The oldest is now 7 and the little guy is 2. Two peas in a pod!

Xat
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:45 AM

I have a 7 and 6 year old that are close to each other. They also have a little brother that will be 2 next month and they love him to death. They spoil him. They play with him and if he wants to play with them they give him their toys. I think it is great.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:46 AM
My kids are about 5.5 years apart. A boy and a girl. They can't stand each other.
do11face
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:46 AM

My brother is 6 years apart from me.

We spent lots of time together and still played together. We also fought a lot for a bit until I got to my teens.
But most siblings fight. Mine are 2 1/2 years apart and fight ALL the time. ugh.

TallChic
by Stacey on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:46 AM
My older 2 kids are 7 and 5 years older than my twins. They are all close and I wouldnt have done it any different. They are 19, 17 , 12 and 12 now

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)