Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Vomiting & Vax's

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
Oh man. My DD had her 15 mo vax's Wednesday. This morning she woke up at 5 crying. Usually, she will roll over & go back to sleep. This morning she sat up and cried and cried. So I went in thinking she needed to nurse or a diaper change. Nope. She was covered in vomit. Her bed had little pools of vomit in it, and she just grinned up at me. So, I took off her Jammie's & washed her up while DH changed her sheets/blanket. Now I'm rocking her back to sleep. Then I'll have myself a little camp out on her floor. I don't want to put her in my bed in case she vomits again, but I don't want to leave her alone.

I knew one of the side effects to the Dtap vax was vomiting a couple days later, but it's supposed to be really rare. My poor baby!

Do your kids have poor reactions to vax's?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:04 AM

is all she got was the DTaP?  of course you realize, if you call the dr about it, and express  your concerns its a vaccine reaction, you will most likely get denial from him. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:05 AM

i think my body would reject that poison too!!!   Vaccines are not a one size fits all prophylactic treatment. 

mummy1990
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:05 AM
Mine only reacts to the flu shot....he get diarrhea. It's the worst. Is rather deal with vomit over diarrhea...I still have nightmares.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:08 AM
She got Dtap & chickenpox. We skip MMR until nearly 3.

Listed on the flyer the doctor hands out is that it could cause vomiting on day 2-3. If so, to call her. So at 8 when the office opens I will call.

Quoting Anonymous:

is all she got was the DTaP?  of course you realize, if you call the dr about it, and express  your concerns its a vaccine reaction, you will most likely get denial from him. 

LovelyCorrupt
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:09 AM
My kids would get low grade fevers and crankiness following shots. My oldest would sometimes have vomiting if the was more than one vax was given in the visit
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dee1603
by Gold Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:09 AM
Dd never had a reaction to any vax's. she did run a fever and was restless for about 24hr after her 1yr shots but that was it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:10 AM

and i'm willing to bet dollars to donuts they will deny it has something to do with the vaccines...they will tell you she MUST have gotten a virus somewhere, or she was sick to begin with...please write back later and tell me what they said.  i'm really curious. 

Quoting Anonymous:

She got Dtap & chickenpox. We skip MMR until nearly 3.

Listed on the flyer the doctor hands out is that it could cause vomiting on day 2-3. If so, to call her. So at 8 when the office opens I will call.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:10 AM

Poor girl! I hope she feels better soon!

dee1603
by Gold Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:11 AM
We refuse the flu shot in our house. We all end up sicker than we might get if we get it.

I rarely get sick so I don't see the point in purposely getting myself sick.

Quoting mummy1990:

Mine only reacts to the flu shot....he get diarrhea. It's the worst. Is rather deal with vomit over diarrhea...I still have nightmares.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:12 AM

My kids have all done wonderful on the vaccinations...thank goodness.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured