Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Surrogate shower spinoff

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
1 mom liked this
Doesnt take a rocket scientist to know that the parents raising the child get the babyshower. with that said a nice gesture would be to invite the surrogate and as far as a gift to the surrogate thats on the parents to be . vent over thanks
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:10 AM
Ookay. I've heard of throwing a surrogate a shower but not a baby shower. Just to give a few gifts like gift cards to spas and nice personal items for their comfort. Of course you do not give them a baby shower for a baby they are having for another couple.
mackiebugsmom
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:11 AM
I agree...why would a surrogate want baby gifts. I missed the first post but I don't see why it would be any other way..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:12 AM

What do you care what people do?

I was a surrogate and got a shower. My friends and family and the parents to be surprised me (the parents got their own shower from their family and friends). 

My gifts included lots of maternity clothing, gift cirtificates to get manicures and pedicures, gym membership, DVD movies, gas cards for going to and from doctor appointments...

get over yourself.... people can throw a party for whoever they want whenever they want..... there are no rules on giving someone you love a party.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:17 AM
I wasnt bashing surrogates sweetie pie . you missed my point . this being a spinoff and all so hush now

Quoting Anonymous:

I was a surrogate and got a shower. My friends and family and the parents to be surprised me (the parents got their own shower from their family and friends). 

My gifts included lots of maternity clothing, gift cirtificates to get manicures and pedicures, gym membership, DVD movies, gas cards for going to and from doctor appointments...

get over yourself.... people can throw a party for whoever they want whenever they want..... there are no rules on giving someone you love a party.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:18 AM
Also exactly your family gave you one .

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:19 AM
1 mom liked this
She wasn't saying surrogates don't deserve their own type of shower. The original post this is a spinoff was wondering if you throw a BABY shower for the to-be parents or the surrogate. Anyone with half a brain realizes that a baby shower for a surrogate is kinda silly.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:20 AM

I never said you were bashing surrogates, sweetie pie.

You were bitching about them getting a shower. If the surrogate's family wants to throw them a shower, what do you care? Their family and friends have every right to give her gifts and pamper her for a day.

If the parents to be want a shower..... that's between them and THEIR family.

Quoting Anonymous:

I wasnt bashing surrogates sweetie pie . you missed my point . this being a spinoff and all so hush now

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:23 AM

exactly....

I've been in the surrogacy community for a very long time and I've never heard of the parent-to -be's family throwing the surrogate a baby shower and giving her baby items.

clearly..... you don't know much about surrogacy if you think this is a common practice..... which you must if you are so worked up about it that you had to vent here.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:26 AM

Point being: it was not a baby shower!

Nobody bashed surrogates, she even said gifts for the surrogate are on the parents to be, your parents to be gave you a party.  I wouldn't really consider it a "shower" but if that's what you all called it great to each their own.

Nobody said surrogates shouldn't get anything, it was about a "baby"shower, not sure why a surrogate would need one of those.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:28 AM
1 mom liked this

What part of spin off did you not get?

Apparently many thought surrogates should get a baby shower.  Therefore, causing this vent.

Quoting Anonymous:

exactly....

I've been in the surrogacy community for a very long time and I've never heard of the parent-to -be's family throwing the surrogate a baby shower and giving her baby items.

clearly..... you don't know much about surrogacy if you think this is a common practice..... which you must if you are so worked up about it that you had to vent here.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)