Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Siblings looking different from one another

Posted by   + Show Post
My girls have the same father. I'm white with 25% native American. He's 50% African American,25% portoguese (spelling?) with 25% native American. I have had people come up to me asking if my kids have the same father. (Their pic is in the reply). (my older daughter that is in the pink shirt had her hair relaxed to make it straight like that)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:08 AM
Replies (11-20):
LovelyCorrupt
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:13 AM
Both my sister and are white, same parents, origins or Irish, Scottish, and British and she and look have very few similarities.
When there are many races for genetics to choose from, its likely that people will just be different shades. I work with a black girl with two kids. She is light, husband is medium dark, her oldest is dark chocolate. Genetics and mitosis is a wonderful thing
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angevil53
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:14 AM
2 moms liked this
One def looks more black and the other more Portuguese. I wouldn't be offended by that question though. I doubt they were asking to be rude.

They are very pretty. Tie them up now ;)
Bluescorpia
by Shanoon on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:15 AM
Yeah we get people telling me that alot. Sometimes we get people looking at us because of how my girls look different from one to another

Quoting LyTe684:

They are cute. But the don't look anything alike.

WARedNeck_WoMan
by Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:15 AM
1 mom liked this

First of all how rude of people to assume your girls don't have the same father. Second of all they are both beautiful!

My girls look very different as well...same father (yes I've been asked asked too it's very rude) Both my ex and I are white, but he's got an olive complexion with dark hair...and he's short. DD #1 is 4' 11" with the olive compexion and DD#2 is 5' 5" with the pale coloring like me. both are a perfect mixture of both of us but have very different traits...wierd huh.

I just think people are sooo rude and presumptious.

Bluescorpia
by Shanoon on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:15 AM
Thank you:)

Quoting Anonymous:

Genetics is a funny thing. Growing up, my sister by blood had olive toned skin, a different nose shape, and was thin and tall. I am short and stubby, very pale. 

We're as genetically related as two peas in a pod. Mother is american indian, father is russian.

it is what it is. Don't worry about it. Your daughters are beautiful. 

norwgnwood
by Platinum Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:15 AM
1 mom liked this
People are rude. Your girls are beautiful.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ccnstanczak
by Gold Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:16 AM

beautiful girls!!

these are my two dds. same father, they look alike in the face but my youngest is the only blond in the family. dh, dd1 and i are all brown haired.

Bluescorpia
by Shanoon on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:16 AM
Very ignorant is what they are. I don't know why people assume that all siblings has to look alike if they come from same parents

Quoting WARedNeck_WoMan:

First of all how rude of people to assume your girls don't have the same father. Second of all they are both beautiful!

My girls look very different as well...same father (yes I've been asked asked too it's very rude) Both my ex and I are white, but he's got an olive complexion with dark hair...and he's short. DD #1 is 4' 11" with the olive compexion and DD#2 is 5' 5" with the pale coloring like me. both are a perfect mixture of both of us but have very different traits...wierd huh.

I just think people are sooo rude and presumptious.

Bluescorpia
by Shanoon on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:18 AM
1 mom liked this
Boys are already afraid of me to come near my house lol

Quoting angevil53:

One def looks more black and the other more Portuguese. I wouldn't be offended by that question though. I doubt they were asking to be rude.

They are very pretty. Tie them up now ;)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:18 AM
1 mom liked this
That's a rude thing for people to ask. They are both pretty, I don't look like my sister either. That's how genetics go sometimes.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN