Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Siblings looking different from one another

Posted by   + Show Post
My girls have the same father. I'm white with 25% native American. He's 50% African American,25% portoguese (spelling?) with 25% native American. I have had people come up to me asking if my kids have the same father. (Their pic is in the reply). (my older daughter that is in the pink shirt had her hair relaxed to make it straight like that)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:08 AM
Replies (21-30):
starmoonlight
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:18 AM
1 mom liked this
They are gorgeous. I think they look alike
erikays
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:18 AM
My kids are kinda like that, my oldest has black hair and my skin tone (olive color) and my younger two have brown hair and auburn hair, they have my husbands fair complexion.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bchic24
by Gold Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:18 AM
1 mom liked this
They're beautiful! My sister and I look nothing alike and we have the same parents. She's blonde, 5'8", has always struggled with her weight and has my father's features. I have dark brown hair, 5'4", slim and look like my mother's twin!
IncognitoOne
by Ruby Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:19 AM
1 mom liked this

They are beautiful. But I think they look alike. 

Bluescorpia
by Shanoon on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:19 AM
It is I agree. But at times it causes sibling rivalry between them

Quoting LovelyCorrupt:

Both my sister and are white, same parents, origins or Irish, Scottish, and British and she and look have very few similarities.

When there are many races for genetics to choose from, its likely that people will just be different shades. I work with a black girl with two kids. She is light, husband is medium dark, her oldest is dark chocolate. Genetics and mitosis is a wonderful thing

Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:19 AM

Quoting ....ClvrScn.:

They are beautiful. I am just in awe when I read these stories about the audacity of some people. Who asks a question like that???

sjenkins8208
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:19 AM
People are rude! People have asked my sister if her kids are adopted. My sister and bil both have dark hair and their ds is blonde and dd is redheaded. Red heads run on my moms side and my sisters dad is blonde.
LyTe684
by Ruby Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:19 AM

It happens. Everyone says that my mom must have cheated on my dad.. I am VERY fair skinned like your older daughter. My brother is darker than your oldest and my sister is in-between. People question it to this day.

Quoting Bluescorpia:

Yeah we get people telling me that alot. Sometimes we get people looking at us because of how my girls look different from one to another

Quoting LyTe684:

They are cute. But the don't look anything alike.

Insulin is not a cure, it's life support.

AMDS0304
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:20 AM
My sister and I look a lot alike. My twins don't look alike she has really light hair and so pale . He has brown hair and isn't as pale as her.. My oldest has brown hair and in the summer that child gets so dang dark. She can tan in a week if she stays outside. I tan all summer long and she can still be darker then me. I'm very pale in the winter and my dh is red headed so he's kinda pale.
Bluescorpia
by Shanoon on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:20 AM
Thank you:). My kids would highly disagree with that comment about them looking alike lol

Quoting starmoonlight:

They are gorgeous. I think they look alike

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)