Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Siblings looking different from one another

Posted by   + Show Post
My girls have the same father. I'm white with 25% native American. He's 50% African American,25% portoguese (spelling?) with 25% native American. I have had people come up to me asking if my kids have the same father. (Their pic is in the reply). (my older daughter that is in the pink shirt had her hair relaxed to make it straight like that)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:08 AM
Replies (31-40):
artistmom889
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:20 AM

I'm a fraternal twin and folks couldn't tell we were even sisters.

erikays
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:20 AM

My boys..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erikays
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:21 AM

Oldest and youngest.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kayjayjess
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:22 AM

I have dark brown hair and dark brown eyes. My husband has brown hair and brown eyes. I have five kids all with some shade of brown hair and then brown eyes, except one. My fourth has blond hair and blue eyes. If she didn't look like my mother in law, I would definitely think the hospital mixed babies up lol

My children are the source of my strength, frustration, happiness, insanity, sanity, irritability.  They are the definition of unconditional love.

AubreeGrace17
by Platinum Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:22 AM
They look like siblings, if that's what you were asking.
Bluescorpia
by Shanoon on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:22 AM
Thank you:). Your kids are soo cute!

Quoting ccnstanczak:

beautiful girls!!

these are my two dds. same father, they look alike in the face but my youngest is the only blond in the family. dh, dd1 and i are all brown haired.

notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:23 AM
I see how they could look like half sisters.

My kids also have the same father and look completely opposite. I'm white and my partner is Puerto Rican and Italian. Our son is pail like me with light hair which neither of us have and our daughter is dark with dark hair.
CorpCityGrl
by Platinum Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:23 AM
1 mom liked this

People are so rude!

They can think whatever they want, but you know that's not the case.  Because your kids are mixed, predicting how they'll look and what traits will pass down to them are difficult so they can look really different from each other.  I see this in my own family a lot since we are mixed.  My one cousin looks so different from his other two siblings that when they were kids and told people he was adopted, no one batted an eyelash and thought that it wasn't true. 

People need to mind their manners and their business.

bjsgrl
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:24 AM
1 mom liked this

A lot of people ask if my middle dd (blue shirt) has a different dad! Its ridiculous. She looks like me, that doesn't mean she's not his for crying out loud!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crazymammy25
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:24 AM
1 mom liked this

I have 5 children, 3 with blond hair, 1 with ginger and one with brown. I am forever being asked if they are all from the same father..................my polite answer is 'yes, not that it should concern you'......the rude answer I like 2 keep for those really snooty, judgemental people lol.

Both your girls are stunning by the way :-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN