Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Siblings looking different from one another

Posted by   + Show Post
My girls have the same father. I'm white with 25% native American. He's 50% African American,25% portoguese (spelling?) with 25% native American. I have had people come up to me asking if my kids have the same father. (Their pic is in the reply). (my older daughter that is in the pink shirt had her hair relaxed to make it straight like that)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:08 AM
Replies (41-50):
randi1978
by Murdoc's Mistress on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:24 AM
1 mom liked this

Genetics can be such a weird crap shoot, LOL.  Your girls are beautiful, though.  I can sort of see how some would be curious, but I would think it's highly rude to ask such a question. 

Monster and her younger sister could have passed for twins as babies/toddlers (only baby sis had lots of dark hair).  Monster is 9 and Baby Z is now 5.  They don't look a thing alike either, really, and they have the same father (both of us white bread).

Bluescorpia
by Shanoon on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:24 AM
Its more of people asking me if they have the same father

Quoting AubreeGrace17:

They look like siblings, if that's what you were asking.

Bluescorpia
by Shanoon on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:25 AM
Cute boys:)

Quoting erikays:

Oldest and youngest.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:25 AM
1 mom liked this

They look beautiful to me! They could both be little models! Not all siblings look a like. I have 3 sisters and we all look different even our eyes blue, green, hazel and brown... not one of us have the same color. and two of us have straight hair and two curly and all different colors from blond to black!

Mortiferouslatt
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:26 AM
I only have one child but wouldn't be surprised if I had another and they look nothing alike. My son took after me. His father is half Mexican and half white and he took after his Hispanic mother with dark hair skin and eyes he is the only one of his siblings that did, the others look white, his sister is even a red head. My son is dirty blonde with curls, light skin with olive undertones and has brown eyes(dad) and my features.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jbcmom
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:26 AM

My 12 yr old son came home one day and asked if my youngest son was adopted. I told him "no" and asked him why he thought that. He told me one of his friend's father said that him and his brother did not look alike so my youngest must be adopted. My 12 yr old has brown hair and my youngest has blonde hair. My husband has brown hair and I have red hair. All my boys have the same father (my dh) and I feel like the other guy was way out of line. Here is a pic of my sons.

KLBrown
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:27 AM
1 mom liked this

Yours look way more alike than mine! (And they're beautiful, btw)

I have one tall, thin, long brown curly hair. And one short, thick, with short straight strawberry-blond hair.

catrig
by Platinum Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:27 AM
my siblings and I look nothing alike, but we do look like other family members.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SnapIt
by Ruby Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:28 AM
My kids dont look alike and they dont look like me either
Lol
My dd is starting to get some if my features but i wouldn't say right away she looks like me

I would ignore the dumb asses
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atyou
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:28 AM
1 mom liked this
My kids have the same father....one is dark curly hair and dark eyes....and the other is very blond curly hair and bright blue eyes. Genes are weird.

Your girls are gorgeous.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN