Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Don't rub it in my face

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies
My friend gets TANF or cash assistance. There is no reason she can't work, she just decided she was tired of working. They screwed it up so she didn't get it for a couple months then got it fixed so she got what she was owed from before too. She was all excited telling me what she was getting her kids for Christmas with it.

Here is what kills me. Both my DH and I work full time and we can't afford to buy much for Christmas. So to have her rub in my face she is getting her dd an I-touch and other expensive electronics makes me mad. It's bs.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:40 AM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't let it upset me because I find it pathetic that so many people are satisfied with never getting ahead in life and staying below the poverty line.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:41 AM

I get tanf and food stamps and got my 3 kids EACH an IPAD. And they are also getting things from Toys for tots AND the tree of sharing. Deal.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:43 AM

But nobody ever abuses it, right? I have a few friends, just like yours. One is an ex social worker ( her license was pulled because she got a DUI) and knows all the loopholes and what to do to get the most bang for your buck. She is currently working under the table. However, they love their drugs, so that is where most of the taxpayer money goes. Doesn't that make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside? 

km1970
by Platinum Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:43 AM

don't let it bother you....you working is providing for your family. As you progress at your jobs you will be able to continue to provide not just at Christmas, but all year round. Your kids are learning what working means for a family and will carry that work ethic into their own lives.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:45 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

I get tanf and food stamps and got my 3 kids EACH an IPAD. And they are also getting things from Toys for tots AND the tree of sharing. Deal.

How the fuck do you look at yourself in the mirror? What a loser. Karma will find you lady and it will ruin you, with any luck at all.

southern.momof2
by Pirate on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:45 AM

Exactly!

Quoting km1970:

don't let it bother you....you working is providing for your family. As you progress at your jobs you will be able to continue to provide not just at Christmas, but all year round. Your kids are learning what working means for a family and will carry that work ethic into their own lives.

MrsRi
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:45 AM

Don't get jealous or upset about it.  Congratulate her and be happy with her.  Holding onto negative thoughts/feelings will end up spilling over into your own happiness.  Then be PROUD of what you're able to do for your family.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:46 AM
You can't just decide you don't want to work and get welfare. It doesn't work that way.
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:46 AM

Dont be mad. The grass is only greener because its fertilized with bullshit.

lacyleanne
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:46 AM

Don't feel bad, she's the pathetic one. All that money is gonna go to electronics and then in a month or so she's gonna be bitching about not having any money. I wouldn't be friends with someone like that but that's just me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN