Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Low Budget Gift Ideas

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:10 AM
  • 112 Replies
6 moms liked this

I've been seeing a lot of posts lately about people struggling to come up with Christmas gifts. I'm not going to lie, things have been tight for us, and it's a little sad to think that I can't shower everyone with extravagant gifts...

BUT I went on a Pinterest binge and will be working on Christmas gifts for the rest of the day. Here's one that I found that I thought would be a cute idea for young kids.

Create your own playdough kits:

http://impressionsbyrochelle.blogspot.com/2008/06/play-doh-kit.html

I'm also putting together a recipe book of kitchen science expiriments for the kids to do with their parents. I'm making a batch of cookies for all of the adults. There's also the countless refridgerator art masterpieces my boy will be working on for grandparents. ;)

What are some other great homemade gifts you've made?

Hey! I got featured! =)

by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ChocolateJunky
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:12 AM

BUMP!

danie24
by Ruby Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:13 AM

I love Pinterest!

That's a cute idea :)

mem82
by Gold Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:14 AM

good idea!

ChocolateJunky
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:16 AM

I'm addicted to it :)

Quoting danie24:

I love Pinterest!

That's a cute idea :)

CrazyLife1996
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:18 AM
I love the idea. Thanks for sharing.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
GreenEyePixie
by Platinum Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:21 AM

I am making scented soaps for people this year. Just not tiny ones. Will not have a repeat of Christmas 2010.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:25 AM
2 moms liked this

I'm making a huge box filled with activities I found off of pinterest. For DS2 who is one, I am making a bunch of "busy bags". For DS1 who is 5 and in prek, I am making him a bunch of kindergarten learning actvities (math, reading, science experiments, art...) because he is obsessed lol. I got a few gifts for them, but this is by far their "big" gift. I hated the idea of spending a ton of money on things that would get buried and not played with.

ChocolateJunky
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:28 AM

I saw those busy bags this morning. I didn't even think about using those for gifts, but I think that's a great idea! I'm going to have to steal your idea. :)

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm making a huge box filled with activities I found off of pinterest. For DS2 who is one, I am making a bunch of "busy bags". For DS1 who is 5 and in prek, I am making him a bunch of kindergarten learning actvities (math, reading, science experiments, art...) because he is obsessed lol. I got a few gifts for them, but this is by far their "big" gift. I hated the idea of spending a ton of money on things that would get buried and not played with.

ChocolateJunky
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:29 AM
2 moms liked this

That sounds really neat. How do you make them?

Quoting GreenEyePixie:

I am making scented soaps for people this year. Just not tiny ones. Will not have a repeat of Christmas 2010.

Caitlinsmom09
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:30 AM
Bump
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured