Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i almost lost her

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies

the other night I asked DF to watch the baby and her brother in the tub, I had the water running but the kids were on the floor outside the tub waiting. DF goes in and puts them in the tub watching the water..,he turns the water off and was playing with them when my older son ran down the hallway slides on the floor and careens into the doorframe screaming... DF left the bathroom to see how DS was.. he started yelling about running in the house blah blah, in the mean time my older child in the tub turned the water back on... DD was in a tub ring so she wasnt laying in the water.... DF was not in the bathroom at thise point and the tub was full DDs ring popped off the bottom of the tub and she floated out.. DS who is only 2 hed her head above water and started to scream.DF then brought his attenetion back into the bathroom and ran to them.....

i am sure he felt bad but i said a few things to him that made him feel worse..... i would never get a job and leave him with the kids if he cant even watch them in the tub for me.... this is why i never ask for his help he isnt worth it... i made him sleep on the couch and i slept with dd.. dd is fine she was fine then but 30 seconds longer and im not sure

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:52 AM

How long was he yelling at the other kid? It takes a while for my little tub to fill past half full.

Aamy
by Ruby Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:54 AM
You can get just as distracted and easily make a mistake.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cueballsmom
by Gold Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:00 PM
whoa! where were you? also, unless he's been there with those kids their whole life, he is still learning. I get that you are scared, but chill and teach, and give him a chance to redeem himself.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:02 PM

wait, what? Your baby floated out of what? the ring? 

Did she almost drown? your df must have been out of the bathroom for longer than a min.. 

mariesmama
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:05 PM

while i totally get where your coming from im sure he only thought about comforting the screaming child

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:07 PM
The other night my son ran into the wall and needed staples In his head. I understand you think you could do better but we are all human. You can get distracted too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 8, 2012 at 4:07 PM

I dont leave the bathroom when my baby is in the tub, hell I dont even let go of her. I am scared to death of losing her.. I lost her sister in utero at 26 weeks.. delivered that baby and then got pregnant withher. all pregnancy I was afraid I was going to lose and even now that she is here I fear every day that I am going to lose her for one reason or another.... it only takes an inch of water to drown in so it doesnt matter how high the water was or not wht if she had tipped it over and she fell out then her face was in the water... silent / dry drowing if she inhaled the water but didnt drown later on that inhaled water could cause pnemonia and kill her .. Im good i rather be safe than sorry he isnt doing bath time

babiegurl47
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 4:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank God your son held her head out the water. What a smart boy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goodnightmama
by Gold Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 4:11 PM
I think you over reacted. While I understand it was scary your dh didnt need your help to feel worse.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Johariz
by Platinum Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 4:11 PM
I'm pretty sure he was just a scared as you were. Accidents happen, luckily your kids are ok.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN