Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

For Christmas My children get 5-7 PRESENTS from me!

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:37 PM
  • 72 Replies
2 moms liked this

1 LARGE GIFT MAX 70 BUCKS

2 MEDIUM GIFTS MAX 30 BUCKS

4 SMALL GIFTS 5-10 BUCKS!

maximum spent.. EVER... 200 DOLLARS PER CHILD!

Why?

3 REASONS

1 I prefer my children to appreciate what they get.. Instead of getting so much they won't spend more than 20 mins in the next week playing with them each

2 For our family Christmas is celebrated to HONOR Jesus's birth. (No I will not debate when he was born or if it is originally a pagan holiday.) To honor that tradition we celebrate it by Giving gifts to our sons like the Magi gave to Jesus at his birth.

3 We financially don't have the money to get HUNDREDS of dollars in gifts.. They know that.. And honestly I think it makes them appreciate what they do get more.. 

Click my tag to follow me there.

Merry CHRISTmas.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/117832

by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jillbailey26
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:45 PM
3 moms liked this

The Magi only gave 3.

You can give endless gifts, have them all still be played with, raise appreciative kids and still celebrate Jesus.  It's possible.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

lovinglife0682
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:47 PM
This

Quoting jillbailey26:

The Magi only gave 3.

You can give endless gifts, have them all still be played with, raise appreciative kids and still celebrate Jesus.  It's possible.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:48 PM
1 mom liked this

my kids get one gift from Santa and a stocking...then we deliver Meals on Wheels, we dont exchange presents with anyone, we prefer to give of our time to less fortunate, my kids love doing MoW

Mommytorn
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:48 PM
1 mom liked this
My kiddos get 1 big gift, 1maybe 2 small gifts ( a doll,some new pjs etc.) and their stocking which doesn't have more then 1piece of candy and usually has an orange ( family tradition)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:49 PM
3 moms liked this

Cool. Everyone does things different. I'm a strong believer that you can never spoil a child too much.

Savedfromsin79
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:49 PM

Quoting Savedfromsin79:

Why?

3 REASONS

1 I prefer my children to appreciate what they get.. Instead of getting so much they won't spend more than 20 mins in the next week playing with them each

2 For our family Christmas is celebrated to HONOR Jesus's birth. (No I will not debate when he was born or if it is originally a pagan holiday.) To honor that tradition we celebrate it by Giving gifts to our sons like the Magi gave to Jesus at his birth.

3 We financially don't have the money to get HUNDREDS of dollars in gifts.. They know that.. And honestly I think it makes them appreciate what they do get more.. 

They do get gifts from other family members.. etc 

Grandma, Grandpa, aunts and uncles.. So they aren't going without.. Just saying! Before someone tells me that it is wrong for some reason..

Anonymous2u
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:49 PM
2 moms liked this
If that's per child I count 7 not 5.
SuperPickle
by Gold Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:49 PM
2 moms liked this

Mine get 4, something you want, something you need, something to wear and something to read. All for Santa

Every year everyone in the family gets 4 gifts

(each can represent one given to Jesus or it can be done in a secular manner)

Something you WANT(GOLD, something worth gold to you)
Something you NEED(MYRRH, addressing individual talents/hobbies)
Something to WEAR(SWADDLING CLOTHES)
Something to READ(FRANKINCENSE, books, music, artwork )

MissMysteriouss
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:51 PM
4 moms liked this
Exactly

We go overboard at Christmas. We donate and volunteer year round and my kids go to a Christian school.

I don't use Christmas as a day for example. We try to instill values year round.

Quoting jillbailey26:

The Magi only gave 3.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous2u
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Who cares what ppl think! It's what works for u and ur family! That's all that matters!

Quoting Savedfromsin79:

Quoting Savedfromsin79:

Why?

3 REASONS

They do get gifts from other family members.. etc 

Grandma, Grandpa, aunts and uncles.. So they aren't going without.. Just saying! Before someone tells me that it is wrong for some reason..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)