Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you REALLY believe in ADD/ADHD

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I don't have enough experience with it but the kids I do know that "have" it are constantly eating sugar, drinking soda, no boundries, rules, etc. Do people really try doing ALL they can before medicating?  And yes, I am posting ANON because I realize it's a touchy subject and I am probably going about it the wrong way but I truly want to know. I hear add/adhd and cringe honestly. Like it's SO over prescribed and kids are WAY over medicated these days, I feel like it's just an excuse (Not in all cases, I am sure)

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 7, 2012 at 4:48 PM
Replies (21-30):
mitikusmom
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 5:18 PM

I am the parent of an ADHD child and I can assure you that if it was your kid, you would wholeheartedly believe it is a real thing.

RigPrincess85
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 5:18 PM
Nope.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Leobaby2007
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 5:19 PM
Yes. I absolutely believe in it. My child does not have it, but I know some children who do, and it's very evident that it's something they clearly cannot control. Most of the parents I know have tried all options before resorting to medication. Most parents I know don't take medicating their children lightly. They do it in the best interest of their child.

Are some children probably over or mis dxed? Yes, probably, but that doesn't make it any less real or serious.
fairyjester

educate your self before you run you mouth.

lalaboosh

It's real. And it's really over diagnosed. You diagnose diseases and disorders. You prescribe medicines and treatments.

Kitschy
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 5:20 PM

I don't know any kids with parents that aren't extremely laid back that have ADHD. That being said, my husband has it and I see the possibilities in my daughter. I do believe it is a real thing. I just think that if you have ADHD and you are raised in an environment that is too loose it makes it more obvious and those kids stuggle more. JMO

Vixcalamity
Lmao. Like Santa Clause?! ADD and ADHD are as real as herpes. It may possibly be over diagnosed but it doesn't change the fact that it's there. As someone who suffers extremely from it, it pisses me off when people ASSume it doesn't exist because so many "have it".
I_love_doritos
I have adhd but im on medicine for it

Quoting Aubs1990:

I have ADD so yeah.

ColorMeCrazy
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 5:21 PM

My dh has ADHD and eats a very healthy diet along with a multivitamin each day. It's VERY real lol.

saralia
by Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 5:22 PM
1 mom liked this
I've often wondered the same thing. I read recently that there has never been a single case of autism in Amish people. I wonder if the same is true for ADD in the Amish where they aren't overstimulated with electronics and food additives and medications and such.

I have no personal experience with either so I honestly don't know.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)