Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Tattooing names? Serious question.

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 5:33 PM
  • 147 Replies

I'm not sure how many ladies in here have tattoo or are into the tattoo culture but for those who are, I need your help. I want to get a tattoo dedicated to my daughter and I want to put her name in it. My husband is kinda freaking out because he has this problem with people tatttooing names on themselves. He says that anyone that has gotten a tattoo of someone' s name (whether child or spouse) that something bad ends up happening to the person who's name got tattooed. Now, I don't believe this, nor am I going to tattoo a spouse's name ( just too many things could go wrong there) but your kid's name? I'm having a very hard time believing this.

So my question is has this ever happen to you or someone close to you? And please no " a friend of a friend" or "some guy I knew" or " my brother's nephew's cousin's great aunt" kind of thing. This is really kind of serious and I need some real info. So urband legend or reality?

by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 5:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
softkitty369
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 6:47 PM

BUMP!

atyou
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 6:48 PM
12 moms liked this
I once got my cat's name tattooed on me.

He dropped dead when he saw it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 7, 2012 at 6:49 PM

IDK. I have dhs name tattooed on my hiney for a long time now and nothing bad has happened.

Arabellas_Mommy
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 6:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Children are okay, spouses or boyfriends or whatever are not. My dad had a tattoo of my name over his heart and nothing bad ever happened to me :)
NowImAMom...
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 6:50 PM

I know multiple people with their children's names. Their children are fine.

Robsessed98
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 6:50 PM
Everyone Ive ever known that has a tat of their SO name has broken up. Considering the statistics on relationships failing, common sense should prevent anyone from doing that in the first place. But, Ive never known of any tragedy befalling someone who has their childs name.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thefiregoddess
by MotherDucker on Dec. 7, 2012 at 6:50 PM
2 moms liked this

Tattoo is fine with names if its your child.

I have a rule, if its not my child, the name does not go on my body. Your children are the only permanent bond you will ever have like that, a tattoo is fitting.

lauren.m
by Platinum Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 6:51 PM
I have a tattoo for each of my four kids all have their names on them and nothing bad happened
MaileysMommy
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 6:51 PM
1 mom liked this

It is not true. 

tcheikkila
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 6:52 PM
I have a tattoo for my dog. But I got it after she died.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)