Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Tattooing names? Serious question.

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm not sure how many ladies in here have tattoo or are into the tattoo culture but for those who are, I need your help. I want to get a tattoo dedicated to my daughter and I want to put her name in it. My husband is kinda freaking out because he has this problem with people tatttooing names on themselves. He says that anyone that has gotten a tattoo of someone' s name (whether child or spouse) that something bad ends up happening to the person who's name got tattooed. Now, I don't believe this, nor am I going to tattoo a spouse's name ( just too many things could go wrong there) but your kid's name? I'm having a very hard time believing this.

So my question is has this ever happen to you or someone close to you? And please no " a friend of a friend" or "some guy I knew" or " my brother's nephew's cousin's great aunt" kind of thing. This is really kind of serious and I need some real info. So urband legend or reality?

by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 5:33 PM
Replies (141-147):
breydans_mommy
by Silver Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:19 PM
My dad has my name and my birthday tattood on his arm and im fine. Just no tattoos of sos.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Angela6296
by Bronze Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:26 PM

this

Quoting NowImAMom...:

I know multiple people with their children's names. Their children are fine.

LovelyCorrupt
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:30 PM
I have a 47 with wings on my shoulder front instead of my sons name (he had down syndrome) and two pistols for my surviving son, named Jesse James. I got the 47 after Lars's death. Nothing bad has happenes to Jesse.
Dh, before we married, got my name carved on his chest, over his heart. Abt three months later, we had a falling out. We worked it out tho
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LuNaDoLL
by Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:46 PM

i have my sons name my moms and brothers as well as my fiances and there all ok

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 11, 2012 at 7:01 PM

I don't see a problem in getting a tattoo w/ your child's name on it. I've heard the story of when you get spouse/bf/so tattooed on you then something happens. Whatever. I have a tattoo of a symbol my husband & I created plus our anniversary and have had it for 4 years now. Nothing bad has happened. However I do have a back-up plan for it if something should ever happen. lol My exSIL got my brother's name tattooed on her and then she cheated on him and they're now divorced. She did that to herself. Their marriage was already rocky and I was shocked she did it. But whatever... she's a psycho bitch.

besosfantasies
by Silver Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 7:04 PM

A Lot of people are superstitious about names on each other. My mom has my dad on her, as my dad as hers on him = married 25 years now. My dad DID have his ex on him with indian ink, but it faded away very quickly. My mom has her son on her as well as her grandsons. Her son's tatt is a dedication and her grandsons are alive and in good health. I have my brother on me as a dedication tatt as well, along with dh on my foot. We are still together. My sister has her son on her, he's fine as well.

mommyneedssleep
by Bronze Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 7:10 PM
I have both of my kid tattooed on me!!! Nothin bad has happened!! Now my ex husband went and got my picture and name tattooed on his back!! Took up his whole back and well we divorced 3 months later lol!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)