Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

stocking stuffers are such junk!

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 6:17 PM
  • 131 Replies
I have seen people here and irl say that they hate stocking stuffers cause they are junk. I shove legos, dvds, socks, underwear, books, a tooth brush/paste and some candy in there. it isnt all (or really none of it is) cheap junk. Is cheap junk what most people put in their kids stockings?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 6:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 6:19 PM

No we put in very much what you put in.

CreziaMommyTo2
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 6:20 PM
1 mom liked this

i put iTunes GCs, this year we have added amazon GC, they get socks, underwear, cars, mini princess dolls, makeup, legos.

DS5 & DD3

i also put candy... that is the cheapes i think i go, and those alone are $2 each.. lol

unspecified42
by Gold Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 6:20 PM
I don't, but a lot of people do. I do one or two little gifts and then candy or something
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-ZombieGirl-
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 6:20 PM
1 mom liked this
My stockings stuffers are candy, Jewelry, Books for my DDs

And Candy, ammo, magazines and Cologne for DH.

I don't put junk in our stockings well candy I guess can be considered junk food. Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lipsis
by Ruby Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 6:20 PM

No. Tooth brush/paste, candy, floss, maybe costume jewelry. White chocolate. Christmas is the only time where we get white chocolate stuff. And batteries. Lots of batteries.

peachesforme
by Gold Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 6:21 PM

I try to put something useful in there. I do toothbrushes also, and kid's bubble bath with the characters on it, candy, and maybe some inexpensive jewelry or a watch.

auntietotty
by Ruby Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 6:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I always put useful and fun stuff...not junk. Oh and candy too, of course!

redbutterfly666
by Emerald Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 6:22 PM
1 mom liked this

we put the dvd's and video games and books in the stockings and toys and fun stuff but none of it is junk

Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 6:22 PM
1 mom liked this

One stocking stuffer my youngest is getting this year is, I kid you not. EAR PLUGS. She ASKED Santa for EAR PLUGS cause her sister snores and they share a room. LOL. She is 6 her sister is 9.  We do good stuffers too, New toothbrush, personal size toothpaste etc. Some of their favorite candy.  Gift coupon for date with mom or dad etc.

lalaboosh
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 6:24 PM
1 mom liked this

I guess people just suck at shopping for stocking stuffers. My parents would go to the locally owned toy store and a few other small local businesses and get neat trinkets. My granny traveled a lot and she'd sometimes put something she brought back from a trip in our stockings, too. I remember getting silver and stone jewelry, little wooden boxes, nuts, mandarins, candy, little wooden toys, ect. I guess if you get your stocking stuffers at a cheap plastic place they'll suck. Lol!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)