Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would You Divorce Your DH If...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
He was never home and when he was y'all argued or just didn't talk? My dh works 12 hrs a day 7 days a week. The kids are usually in bed when he gets home so they hardly see him. I'm a sahm so I do everything around the house and with the kids. On the days he gets home at a decent time we are either arguing or its just silence. I had rather him not be here bc I almost hate being near him. The only thing that's stopping me is that he pays for everything. Bills, house payments, groceries, clothes, toys everything. I've never had a job so I know it would be hard for me to get one and provide for my kids. I'm at a crossroad...any advice? Counseling is not an option with his work schedule and stubbornness.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 7, 2012 at 7:58 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:03 PM

Heres some advixe: GET OFF YOUR ASS. Join a gym,look presentable,go look for work(even if just part time). Enroll in online or community college courses. Get a better job. Re-evaluate the situation at that point. Act like an adult,do whats healthy and best for all involved. Problem solved.

sfkdny
by Platinum Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:03 PM

no, that is something to fight to make right, not a reason to divorce IMHO - people take marriage too lightly.  get to the root of the problem and fix it

Eliots_momma
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:04 PM
Maybe go somewhere, just the two of you and talk. Maybe you just need to remind each other why you got married.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AubreeGrace17
by Platinum Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Why don't you go back to school and divorce him after you finish?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:04 PM
Quoting rawrmommysaurus:

No, that is redicuolus. Maybe you should look into getting a job and contributing to the household income, so DH doesn't have to pull so much weight.  That way he coudl have a day or 2 off a week to spend with the fmaily and you.

He doesn't want me to work bc the cost of daycare would be my check.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:05 PM
I personally couldn't live like that, but I wouldn't know what to do in your position either. I am also a sahm who has never worked (I have as anxiety ), so I don't know how to make it on my own. I would leave and stay with my dad. That is what I would do.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:05 PM
That's pretty much how my parents relationship was. They divorced 12 years ago.
svolkov
by Emerald Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:05 PM
1 mom liked this
This. My husband works out of town 2/3 of the yr. We have 3 kids. We never fight. When hes home we spend as much qualitu time together as we can. U two just need to work harder on your marriage

Quoting CrazyLife1996:

No you both need to take a step back and give each other positive attention.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:05 PM
Quoting AubreeGrace17:

Why don't you go back to school and divorce him after you finish?

Haha I like the way you think
svolkov
by Emerald Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:06 PM
Get some skills then. Online courses r great

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting rawrmommysaurus:

No, that is redicuolus. Maybe you should look into getting a job and contributing to the household income, so DH doesn't have to pull so much weight.  That way he coudl have a day or 2 off a week to spend with the fmaily and you.

He doesn't want me to work bc the cost of daycare would be my check.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN