Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would You Divorce Your DH If...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
He was never home and when he was y'all argued or just didn't talk? My dh works 12 hrs a day 7 days a week. The kids are usually in bed when he gets home so they hardly see him. I'm a sahm so I do everything around the house and with the kids. On the days he gets home at a decent time we are either arguing or its just silence. I had rather him not be here bc I almost hate being near him. The only thing that's stopping me is that he pays for everything. Bills, house payments, groceries, clothes, toys everything. I've never had a job so I know it would be hard for me to get one and provide for my kids. I'm at a crossroad...any advice? Counseling is not an option with his work schedule and stubbornness.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 7, 2012 at 7:58 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:15 PM
Quoting GreenAndLean:

Serious question.....do you complain about your day and all the stuff you had to do and put up with when he gets home?

Nope. He can usually tell if it's been a bad day and if I try to talk to him he tunes me out.
nocalmegan
by Ruby Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:16 PM
If we had tried EVERYTHING else, prob. Nobody deserves to be unhappy forever, but I would be taking every step I could to try and save us first.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:16 PM
Quoting AubreeGrace17:

I have a diploma just didn't go to college. The only job I've had was for 10 months at a daycare.
Momof5kids84
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:17 PM
Are sure that you are considering that she would be making like 8-12 bucks an hour on average? That translates into about $480 a week without taxes taken out a week at the most. This is assuming that the employer is not cheap, and actually gives her 40 hours a week. She doesn't have a degree.

Quoting Anonymous:

That's not true. I work for a daycare and there are tons of daycares that are low cost.

Idk why people say that. It's be more like half of your check at most.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting rawrmommysaurus:

No, that is redicuolus. Maybe you should look into getting a job and contributing to the household income, so DH doesn't have to pull so much weight.  That way he coudl have a day or 2 off a week to spend with the fmaily and you.

He doesn't want me to work bc the cost of daycare would be my check.

pampire
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:18 PM

I'd make time for counseling.  Is he working so much so you can SAH?  If that's the case it's time for you to get a part time job so he can spend time with the family and relax.  Get to the root of the problem and work together to solve it.  That's what your marriage vows were about...for better or WORSE, richer or POORER, til DEATh - not lack of fun.

mommieof3_752
by Gold Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:18 PM

Id tell him that we (A) Go to marriage counseling and he make time for it or (B) We get a divorce. It sounds like you guys need to spend time together and reconnect. It sounds like you guys have lost the spark. Have you talked to him about the way you feel???

FL2AK
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:18 PM

I know right!  What a way to show gratitude.

Quoting notjstasocermom:

divorce him for working. omg smh

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:19 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

I've thought about doing things from home like selling scentsy or 31 so I would be making money but still at home with kids too. My 4yo had school from 7:30 until 10:30 everyday and I wouldn't have anyone to take him and pick him up if I worked.
Charliesmommy11
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:19 PM
So you are wanting to leave because he's probably stressed out and tired from working 80+ hours a week to support his family only to come home to a bitchy wife ? What more do you expect out of him he's only human.
ratchetlee
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:19 PM

If I was.... I already would've.... cause this is my life!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)