Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

WHO chose your children's name when they were BORN?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Who gave them their names?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:00 PM
Replies (21-30):
ebbierowe
by Gold Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:04 PM
This..

Quoting casah4:

My husband and I did.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
wrensong
by Pagan Mother on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:05 PM

I filled out the paperwork when they were born, but the names had already been decided on.

Baby #1, her father and I chose the name together

Baby #2, I chose his name when I was 6 years old 

Baby #3 I chose on my own

Baby #4, his father chose

Baby #5 is adopted her bm and father chose her name

Baby #6 is named after his dad and grandpa, he is D___ D____ M____III, I asked my husband if he wanted to continue the name and he decided he did

lilmama2be
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:05 PM

I chose her last name (mine), and ex chose her first and middle. (it fit her so well I couldn't argue)

Mom2Just1
by Gold Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:06 PM
My husband and I.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Luuckymommy
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:06 PM

My three kids birth mother's picked their first names, I picked my son's middle name and my twins picked their own middle names. (They had just turned 10 so I left it up to them)

SRUsarahSC
by Platinum Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:06 PM

me. hubby REFUSED to give an opinion. It irritated the crap out of me. Nothing was set in stone until after the baby was born though (partially because we chose to wait to find out the gender at the birth...no point getting stuck on a boy name and finding out it's a girl and I don't really like unisex names)

AnastasiaKorsh
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:07 PM

I did.

I made a list, SO went through it and I picked a name he also agreed to. I picked his middle name on my own.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:07 PM
Well, I named our ds. He was named after my deceased step-dad (who I was very close with) and my real dad. I chose our dd's first name, and we compromised on our dd's middle name. My dh chose the middle name and I chose the spelling. :)
happymama2D
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:07 PM
My husband had a particular name that he really wanted to name a son if he had one, and luckily I loved the name too, so he named our first son I guess! We were thinking of lots of names for my second pregnancy (surprise delivery) and he again came up with a name that I agreed on and loved. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:07 PM

Quoting xtwistedxlovex:

I did...sort of. DF and I couldn't find a name we both liked. We had finally agreed on one and he decided at the last minute he didn't like it after all o.O DS just looked like his name should be Andrew. I mentioned that to DF and he agreed, so that's what we named him.

when the vital records person came into my hospital room and asked the name, I said "Zoe" and she goes "ohhh she LOOKS like a zoe!"

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh okay then.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)