Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

WHO chose your children's name when they were BORN?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Who gave them their names?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:00 PM
Replies (41-50):
lilmami316
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:10 PM

dh & I.

Liyoness
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:10 PM

Our children were named before they were born.

DD1- My mom found her name in the obituaries. She pronounced it in the way we say DD's name. I instantly fell in love, so I changed the spelling (so people wouldn't think it was that other name).. It was exactly the right name for DD. Her name is such that it probably should have been spelled with an E at the end, but I chose not to, and the slightly less feminine look really suits her better than that extra E would have..

DD2 - Her name came to me in a dream right before I found out I was pregnant. My mom told it to me in my dream, and I made sure to remember it for when I woke up. (FTR - My mom wasn't impressed when I told her the name. :P) The idea that I was pregnant hadn't even crossed my mind (we were trying, but it was a long shot!!!) so when I got the positive pregnancy test a week or so later, I knew it would be a girl, and I knew what her name would be.

Melbornj
by Platinum Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:11 PM

My husband and I chose them together.

redbutterfly666
by Emerald Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:12 PM

me and df had our ds's name picked out since i was 10 weeks along so me and df gave our ds his name

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:12 PM

What are they, may I ask?

Quoting Liyoness:

Our children were named before they were born.

DD1- My mom found her name in the obituaries. She pronounced it in the way we say DD's name. I instantly fell in love, so I changed the spelling (so people wouldn't think it was that other name).. It was exactly the right name for DD. Her name is such that it probably should have been spelled with an E at the end, but I chose not to, and the slightly less feminine look really suits her better than that extra E would have..

DD2 - Her name came to me in a dream right before I found out I was pregnant. My mom told it to me in my dream, and I made sure to remember it for when I woke up. The idea that I was pregnant hadn't even crossed my mind (we were trying, but it was a long shot!!!) so when I got the positive pregnancy test a week or so later, I knew it would be a girl, and I knew what her name would be.

squeekers
by Platinum Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:12 PM

my best friend and I in high school, junior year, decided upon a particular first & middle name if we ever get married when we got 'old'. little did I know, almost ten years later I'd be married and pregnant. my dh and I chose a possible boys name and we dicided to use the girls name if it worked that way. lo and behold, we had a girl and her name is the one chosen 9 years before her birth.

I'm a Humanist.
Question everything, except your Mother.
SAHM of one teen DD. Married since 1989.
Awarenesses I follow: Epilepsy, Depression, Down Syndrome.
kimmy_1330
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:12 PM

I made a list of my top 10 favorites and dh chose from that.

AubreeGrace17
by Platinum Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:12 PM
Well, we both picked out his name while I was pregnant. However, we weren't married so I technically could have named him just about anything I wanted to.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jmama0307
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:13 PM

I came up with my son's first name and I decided to put my bf's middle name to our son. So both have the same middle name. We are TTC in Jan and it's another boy I would chose the first name and put my bf's first name as the baby's middle name. 

rockinmomnwife
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:13 PM

I came up with both of their names and he agreed. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)