Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How much do you contribute for a teacher's class gift?

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:07 PM
  • 3 Replies
My son is in second grade. The room mom has decided that it would be best to do a combined gift for his teacher. That's fine. I love her to death. The room mom sent out a 6th e-mail to remind everyone to send in their contributions. She said that she has had 3 people send in money so far that totals $90. That's $30 a peice. Keep in mind that their are 20 kids in the class. The previous years, I have sent in $5. Am I being cheap? How much do I send in?

This is addition to specific party stuff that the room mom has asked parents to buy and contribute. She also decided to have every kid send in a decorated scrapbook page with a picture of your kid. This goes in a Manila envelope so the teacher can't see it. We also have been asked to contribute craft items to make Christmas crafts with. I just feel nickeled and dimed to death by this woman every time there is a holiday or class party. (We have been plagued with this woman since kindergarten. You would think that we would luck out just once!). If I'm out of line, just say so. I'm pissy due to my stove being broken, and something unknowingly tripped the outlets in the garage (unbeknownst to me) causing my freezer to shut off giving me a surprise today when I went out there to retrieve a bag of frozen peas. We lost everything in the freezer. Just not my day......
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:08 PM
30 is too much. Id send 5 or 10. I AM a teacher too. ;)
ambermarie2006
by Gold Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:10 PM
$10 is what I sent in.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momof5kids84
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:11 PM
Thanks. :). No one wants to be the cheap ass in the bunch. I also have another kid in 1st grade that I'm doing the same stuff for. It's just a lot. I am very thankful for kids teachers though.

Quoting KairisMama:

30 is too much. Id send 5 or 10. I AM a teacher too. ;)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)