Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Five kids by five different dads. . .

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

. . .and she was never married to any of them. Two of them were guys she barely knew.

I have a friend who just had her fifth baby and this makes five babies by five different dads. I guess I'm just a little sad for the babies, she's still single and can't take care of them all, she's on PA, but she keeps letting herself get pregnant again and again. Why?

I just don't get it. I guess this is kind of a vent. I can't say all this to her, I don't want to upset her, but it's just getting ridiculous. Oh, and the kids all look very different, different races even. I wonder how they will feel about it when they're older. 

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:31 PM
Replies (11-20):
youknowimloved
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:38 PM

That's really sad.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:38 PM

I might need to bring it up again. I know she's not on anything. I talked to her about it a couple years ago (two kids ago) and she had issues with every single BC out there. She didn't want the hormones of pills, or the side effects of other things, she just had an excuse for everything. But, it's worth trying again!

Quoting Anonymous:

Have you talked to her about bc? I would suggest an iud. I have mirena and I works great. Or for her maybe getting her tubes tied (not because of finances, rather the 5 kids).

The kids will be questioned and probably made fun of, but they will stick together. They are brothers and sisters even if they have different dads.

As far as why...only she knows. Well, we all know. She's either not using bc or not using it correctly. Bring it up and ask her what's she's been thinking about. Tell her you've been considering changing yours and you know her ob should've just given her info on differen types of bc. See what she says and go from there.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:39 PM
2 moms liked this
I'm having my 4th to the 3rd Guy... who cares? Not your concern! Would you care less if it was your tax dollars and they all had the same dad?!
AubreeGrace17
by Platinum Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:39 PM
Birth control is covered by state health insurance...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sheramom4
by Ruby Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:39 PM

My friend delivered her fourth by the third dad last year. I convinced her while she was pregnant and that she needed to get her tubes tied (and thankfully she did). She also hasn't worked in several years (around 16) and is on PA. She was a SAHM when she was married, but has been divorced for 4 years now. I was gentle about it, but felt compelled to talk to her about needing to take care of the kids she has instead of bringing more into the world.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:40 PM

That is true. I try not to be hard on her, I feel bad for her really. Her parents were completely screwed up. Drugs, and druggies around all the time. Her mom even would sell her body for drugs, in their own home. They always had random druggies passed out at her house. She really did have it rough.

Quoting Brandyns87:

I try not to judge people who are like that. Under different circumstances any one of us could have ended up that way.

ChelseaLDD
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:40 PM

I feel bad for the kids. 

Elyce225
by Ruby Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:41 PM
This is how my nephew's mother was. My brother got her pregnant after knowing her for a week. She has 4 kids by all different men. My brother died when my nephew was 7 months. My mother got custody of him. I got custody of him now, have for a few years. She got her tubes tied thankfully. For the 7 months my nephew lived with them his older siblings took care of him. Just two though, she lost custody of the other two. The grandfather was there too, anally raping the 10 year old fully knowing he had AIDS.

Nice, right?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:42 PM

That's great! I wish my friend had done it. I haven't talked to her in a while though, I didn't know she already had her baby even. I feel bad about that alone. But maybe I could have said something.

Quoting sheramom4:

My friend delivered her fourth by the third dad last year. I convinced her while she was pregnant and that she needed to get her tubes tied (and thankfully she did). She also hasn't worked in several years (around 16) and is on PA. She was a SAHM when she was married, but has been divorced for 4 years now. I was gentle about it, but felt compelled to talk to her about needing to take care of the kids she has instead of bringing more into the world.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:43 PM

What the?? UGH! I guess it could be worse, man, that's just so awful!!!!

Quoting Elyce225:

This is how my nephew's mother was. My brother got her pregnant after knowing her for a week. She has 4 kids by all different men. My brother died when my nephew was 7 months. My mother got custody of him. I got custody of him now, have for a few years. She got her tubes tied thankfully. For the 7 months my nephew lived with them his older siblings took care of him. Just two though, she lost custody of the other two. The grandfather was there too, anally raping the 10 year old fully knowing he had AIDS.

Nice, right?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)