Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Just got told its weird that I am excited

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My oldest has a different dad than my younger two. We were married for five years. Divorced 9 years ago. Ds lives with him and we have a great parenting relationship. Well his new wife is in labor with their first, a little girl. A little over a year ago they lost a baby girl at 20 weeks. I am so stoked for them that this little one is full term and healthy and should be here any minute and posted on FB (with her permission) that I was so excited and praying for her. Well three people commented that is was wierd that I was happy my ex was having a baby!! WHY?? I have been with my SO for 8 years, we have two kids. WHY would I care or be mad he is having another kid. UGH People are annoying lol

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:47 PM
Replies (11-20):
Nikaniko
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:54 PM

I think that's great that you have that great of a relationship with your ex and his wife. I don't see a problem with being happy and excited for them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:54 PM

I don't either lol. Its not like he is my current husband.

Quoting PEEK05:

I don't understand why that would be weird. :/

Leobaby2007

I think it's nice. :-)

RLT2

They're weird! You, however, are awesome and mature! Go You!

katzmeow726

Not at all...it sounds like you guys have a good post-split relationship.  It's sad that people find it weird that you're nice to your ex and his SO.

No wonder there is so much ex drama in the world, lol

Breamarkable
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:55 PM
Because niceness and civility throws some people off.

Congrats to them!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sheramom4
by Ruby Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:55 PM

My ex-husband was in the waiting room when I had both of my girls with my DH. He was helping out with our two kids while they waited for their siblings and he was one of the first people to hold both of them (after me, DH and grandparents). I don't think it's weird to be excited at all.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:55 PM

I'm honestly closer to her than him. DS has had some issues and her and I have kept in close contact and worked together to help him. She is AMAZING and I am so grateful she is in my son's life. My heart broke when she lost the baby last year and I am just so happy she got this second chance. She has no bio kids. This is her first.

Quoting Nikaniko:

I think that's great that you have that great of a relationship with your ex and his wife. I don't see a problem with been happy and excited for them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Awww thanks.

Quoting RLT2:

They're weird! You, however, are awesome and mature! Go You!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:56 PM
My roommates ex just had a baby. His fiancé was calling asking how the baby is and getting pictures sent to her. They were both excited for her.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN