Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Just got told its weird that I am excited

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My oldest has a different dad than my younger two. We were married for five years. Divorced 9 years ago. Ds lives with him and we have a great parenting relationship. Well his new wife is in labor with their first, a little girl. A little over a year ago they lost a baby girl at 20 weeks. I am so stoked for them that this little one is full term and healthy and should be here any minute and posted on FB (with her permission) that I was so excited and praying for her. Well three people commented that is was wierd that I was happy my ex was having a baby!! WHY?? I have been with my SO for 8 years, we have two kids. WHY would I care or be mad he is having another kid. UGH People are annoying lol

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:47 PM
Replies (21-30):
jessi2girls
by Ruby Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:56 PM

it's not common for a lot of people to have a good enough relationship with their ex, that they wish them well..especially not the step mommy..

so in a way, it is weird.. but in a good way ;)

kikibix
by Platinum Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:56 PM

Good for you.  I like hearing about these nice adult relationships.  I know several people who have parted amicably and they are so much happier than the few poor souls I know who are entwined in bitter ex relationships that infect everyone around them..

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:56 PM
People think its weird I'm happy my exhusbands girlfriend is moving. In with him. I'm happy there will be a female to brush dd hair and remind them to brush their teeth and do other Motherly things for them on the weekends. Lol
kirstina
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:57 PM
weird but good.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MrsRinehart2010
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:58 PM

lol i must be strange then becuase im friends with (one of) my husband ex girl friend who was the first  person he ever had sex with lol. strange?  Yet there is a girl he hung out with while we were split up premarriage that I cant stand an would love to punch lol granted this girl talked mad shit about me not know me so I guess it really depends on the person an how they treat you.

Quoting butterflies798:

It is weird. But I think all ex-relationships like that are. My brother and his wife used to hang out/play cards with her ex and his new wife. I would never ever hang out with my ex!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:58 PM

She has been a blessing too us. My son has lived with his dad since the split as it was what was best for him and she has loved him as her own, while telling him that she wasn't trying to take my place and making sure he knew I would always be his mom. 

Quoting jessi2girls:

it's not common for a lot of people to have a good enough relationship with their ex, that they wish them well..especially not the step mommy..

so in a way, it is weird.. but in a good way ;)

Summerlion1123
by Platinum Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:58 PM

Its mature, which is out of the norm and incomprehensible to many, therefore weird.

thePBandJmom
by Gold Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:59 PM

It is unusual but its better than being an angry jeaolous ex. Lol.

RLT2
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:00 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Awww thanks.

Quoting RLT2:

They're weird! You, however, are awesome and mature! Go You!

No, Thank YOU! It's nice to see people acting like grown ups, once in awhile!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:01 PM

The best thing he ever did was leave me. We were NOT good together and we are so much happier apart, as is our son.

Quoting thePBandJmom:

It is unusual but its better than being an angry jeaolous ex. Lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)