Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Just got told its weird that I am excited

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My oldest has a different dad than my younger two. We were married for five years. Divorced 9 years ago. Ds lives with him and we have a great parenting relationship. Well his new wife is in labor with their first, a little girl. A little over a year ago they lost a baby girl at 20 weeks. I am so stoked for them that this little one is full term and healthy and should be here any minute and posted on FB (with her permission) that I was so excited and praying for her. Well three people commented that is was wierd that I was happy my ex was having a baby!! WHY?? I have been with my SO for 8 years, we have two kids. WHY would I care or be mad he is having another kid. UGH People are annoying lol

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:47 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Not weird at all. It proves that you are mature. Juvenile people don't understand that kind of thing.

jessi2girls
by Ruby Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:01 PM

well I'm glad for you all. lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

She has been a blessing too us. My son has lived with his dad since the split as it was what was best for him and she has loved him as her own, while telling him that she wasn't trying to take my place and making sure he knew I would always be his mom. 

Quoting jessi2girls:

it's not common for a lot of people to have a good enough relationship with their ex, that they wish them well..especially not the step mommy..

so in a way, it is weird.. but in a good way ;)

Grumpylilpixy
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:02 PM

You have moved on, maturity if you will. I have been divorced 2x and even though our relationship didn't work doesn't mean that you want eachother to hurt. I am glad you are happy, it shows maturity and it shows that you have moved on and it is great for your son to see the 2 of you can be great parents and love him even though you are not together. I think you should be a poster child for how old relationship with children should turn out. ( Even though I also know it is not that easy).

areyouatroll
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:02 PM
It is sad that people think that's weird.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:02 PM
I'm watching the Santa clause 3 and you remind me of them, lol how Santa and mrs clause are so close to his ex wife and her new husband and their daughter. Haha. Sorry. I think it's sweet. Good for you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:03 PM
Some people have sucky lives and can't have a functional relationship with an ex.
butterflies798
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:04 PM

I guess I just look at it like there is a reason they split up so wth would you want to hang out with them?

Quoting MrsRinehart2010:

lol i must be strange then becuase im friends with (one of) my husband ex girl friend who was the first  person he ever had sex with lol. strange?  Yet there is a girl he hung out with while we were split up premarriage that I cant stand an would love to punch lol granted this girl talked mad shit about me not know me so I guess it really depends on the person an how they treat you.

Quoting butterflies798:

It is weird. But I think all ex-relationships like that are. My brother and his wife used to hang out/play cards with her ex and his new wife. I would never ever hang out with my ex!

sugarcrisp
by Ruby Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:04 PM

I think it's fucking commendable that you guys get along so well that you (and the new SO) can share joys and not jealousy. Your friends are schmucks.

bchic24
by Gold Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:04 PM
Same here. I became friends with my ex's now wife and they just had their second baby and I was super excited for them. I'll never understand why people think that everyone should hate their ex's and their new SO's.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SamiJ18
by Platinum Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:06 PM

Because you're supposed to be the obsessive and jealous ex for the rest of your life, duh!  ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN