Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Just got told its weird that I am excited

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My oldest has a different dad than my younger two. We were married for five years. Divorced 9 years ago. Ds lives with him and we have a great parenting relationship. Well his new wife is in labor with their first, a little girl. A little over a year ago they lost a baby girl at 20 weeks. I am so stoked for them that this little one is full term and healthy and should be here any minute and posted on FB (with her permission) that I was so excited and praying for her. Well three people commented that is was wierd that I was happy my ex was having a baby!! WHY?? I have been with my SO for 8 years, we have two kids. WHY would I care or be mad he is having another kid. UGH People are annoying lol

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:47 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:06 PM

I think that is pretty awesome that you guys aren't like A LOT of divorced couples where you cannot stand each other, you wish your ex nothing but misery, etc., etc!! IMO, you are proving that you and your ex are a lot more mature than a lot of divorced couples who act like children! I use to work with this gal who was CONSTANTLY telling anyone at work who would listen how she was taking her ex back to court to have her ex pay her alimony on top of the CS he was already paying her! She said her Attorney said she would definately be able to get her the alimony!! It was BEYOND disgusting and childish!! I actually felt bad for her ex and I had never even met the guy! And no--he never beat her, raped her, or anything like that, she said they rushed into the marriage and they just didn't get along.

mamivon2
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:06 PM

I think its great and also good for the baby.. it will be part of your family since the baby and your child have the same father.. keep it up..

whoopsie16
by Gold Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:06 PM

its cool that you're not jealous.

goodnightmama
by Gold Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:30 PM
My mom was happy for my dad and step mom when they had my little sister. My mom has also let dad and step mom stay with her and step dad while visiting so they wouldnt have to get a hotel room. They have been divorced since I was eight, I am 27 now. so 19 years?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
goodnightmama
by Gold Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:32 PM
My little sister sees my mom as some what of a motherly figure or second mother. And my little brother (from mom and step dad) like it when my dad and step mom visit.

Quoting mamivon2:

I think its great and also good for the baby.. it will be part of your family since the baby and your child have the same father.. keep it up..

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SnapIt
by Ruby Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:34 PM
I guess some people dont know how to be mature about things like this.
Dont know how to handle situations like this
Dont know how to get over things and rather stay bitter or even envious of anothers happiness.
Or dont know how to move on

Good for you
And congrats to them!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:35 PM

It's funny how people want you to have a good relationship w/ your ex, but when you do, its "weird" lol...make up your minds!!!

newmom10142011
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:42 PM

when my mil and fil went to the lawyer to get divorced they walked in holding hands used the same lawyer and gave each other a hug when they left. every couple is different I think it is sweet that you to get along so well after the split.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:45 PM
Not weird. I was excited for my ex and his wife when they had their baby.
Snapdragon88
by Platinum Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:46 PM
Oh my gosh. People are stupid.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)