Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I have never talked to a black person

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I've never talked to a black person in real life. I live in a very smal town and there is one black person (a man). I have seen black people before but never spoken to one. I'm not racist or anything lol. I just live in an area that is mostly white. I know it's weird, lol.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:48 PM
Replies (21-30):
ReachtotheStars
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:02 PM

there were a lot of spanish speaking people where I live with my grandmother Lake Ozark, MO

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't think we have ever had a black child here. The one guy who is black is pretty old and only moved here like 15 years ago. We are getting a lot of spanish speaking people moving here though so that's cool.

Quoting ReachtotheStars:

I moved to a town like that when I moved in with my grandmother in HS.  There were 2 black kids in our whole school and I never spoke with either of them.  

But I was born and raised in St. Louis, MO, so I was the minority in my school.  

MichelleSw
by CoolStory on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

and????

Quoting bayliesmommy:

My best friend is black!

Someone had to say it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:02 PM
one of my best friends when I was young was Jamaican. I loved her and her family lol they were awesome.
butterflies798
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:02 PM

That is how this town is too. I didn't grow up here but dh did. He said there used to be several black families here but the kkk ran them out. Apparently, there was some grand-marshal kkk guy that used to live right on the edge of town and they used to have meetings out there and everything. A friend said she used to babysit for them in high school and her and her friend would go through their stuff. They found infant/toddler/kid robes and masks/hats. Freaky stuff! The town I grew up in was much more diverse.

Hapsand123
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:02 PM

This is kinda funny, I come from a place where there is mostly blacks and its funny as hell. I love going back home and seeing all my old friends and sit in the driveway and drink some beers. I always tell my friends they arent black their just rednecks like me. (just a joke none of us are rednecks more like ghetto, hahaha). Black people are just like other races, they do have some that live up to stereotypes but Most most are not like that at all. 

Go to Fayetteville, NC. Beautiful place to go and see lots and LOTS of black people. :)

T-HoneyLuv
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:03 PM
You should try it sometime. Pink get your booty in here and say Hi to this woman! Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SaraLovesEli29
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Black people have the same rules as Gremlins?! Whoa. Who would have thought?

Side note: I'm joking. Seriously. I'm not racist, just being sarcastic. So don't be offended.

Quoting .Funfetti.:

Well they speak mostly in gibberish and shouldn't be fed after midnite. 

Lmao! 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
whoopsie16
by Gold Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:04 PM

wow. lol Ive been that "one black person" before.

its awkward if they're racist

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:05 PM

I live in a super small town in Utah. If you're looking for black people, you won't find them. If you want Mormons, that's another story. :)

Quoting Not_A_Native:

Damn, where do you guys live????

I've always lived in big cities in a big metropolis, so I've always been around a very diverse population.    My husbands boss is from India, his peer is from Vietnam, the lady who does my nails is from Russia, my kids friends are from ALL over the world, a good friend is from Australia, our neighbors are from (one one side) Japan and the US, and the other side (Canada and Africa).

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:06 PM
I made friend's with a women from a town like that. My DH is black and it's like culture shock to her. She also doesn't know that something's are racist to say.
We were going out to eat with another friend and her daughter who happens to be half black. She said her son tans really easy and said he is such a tar baby. No one said anything again until we got to the restaurant.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN