Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

13 year old wearing makeup

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:10 PM
  • 115 Replies

Am i the only one that don't have an issue with my 13 year old wearing makeup. My daughter wear eye liner, eye shadow, and lip gloss.

I guess my daughter is going to be a slut when she is 16 because i let her wear  little bit of makeup ( eye roll)  according to another post i made.

so are there any other mom out there who let their 13 year old wear a little bit of make up or am i the only one.

by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kellymarie323
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:12 PM
my dd is only 11. She wears lip gloss sometimes. A little eye shadow. Nothing too noticeable.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Tesserae
by Mrs.Mellark on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:12 PM

I don't have a daughter so I'm not sure... 13 seems too young though. Is she even in high school?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:12 PM
I let my six year old. I'm not really strict about that kind of stuff so if she wants to she can.
svolkov
by Emerald Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:12 PM

mine could use lip balm or gloss. thats it. no make up for my girl until at least high school

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Sd is 14 and doesn't wear makeup.

tanya_marieh
by The one and only on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:13 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't see why it would be horrible.  My kiddos are young yet, and sometimes they want me to put makeups (what they say) on them.  If they felt they wanted it at 13 I would let them.

Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:14 PM
My 15 year old daughter has just recently been allowed to wear it, but she also just started asking to wear it. It doesn't bother me unless it's too much.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:14 PM
Some kids are 13 when they start high school.
OP- At 13 I would allow neutrel, light eyeshadows and some clear gloss.

Quoting svolkov:

mine could use lip balm or gloss. thats it. no make up for my girl until at least high school

LucyHarper
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:15 PM
3 moms liked this

My 13 year old sister (I'm her guardian) is beautiful, she doesn't need to cover up her face. I don't think it will make her into a slut, but it doesn't look good and honestly I think it's trashy looking when a child is wearing serious makeup. A little touch of lip gloss, okay, but they don't need to cover their pretty faces.

LaceNBklyn
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:15 PM
Agree. My daughter would have to be in high school at least.

Quoting Tesserae:

I don't have a daughter so I'm not sure... 13 seems too young though. Is she even in high school?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)