Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why did you get fat and ugly??!! EDIT 1! **EDIT 2! Let me c pics of all the B*TCHES that roll out of bed looking like super models <3

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I will never understand why women fall apart after getting married and having kids. I see so many women overweight, with no make up on, hair a stringy mess, wearing stained Mommy clothes with holes. What in the hell hapkpened? How can you not know how unattractive and pathetic you look??!! I have been married four years and I have gained ten pounds ( on purpose I was too skinny), and I always have my hair and make up done before DH comes home. Even if I didn't leave the house all day. He married a sexy, fun hottie and thats what he deserves. His job is to financially provide for our family. My job is to raise our daughter, keep an immaculate home, and look hot for only him.

EDIT....(I am on my phone so I cannot put it in red)

I LOVE everyone's responses!! I have been a member of this group for a long time, so I know what complete bitches some can be. You didn't let me down!!

Its not just about looking good for your husband. I look good for my daughter too. Im not going to have my daughter embaressed of me. She deserves a mother she can be proud of and look up to, and one she actually wants to spend time with around her friends. I am teaching my daughter to take care of, and value, herself.

If you have never worn make up, Im obviously not talking to you. If you have always been big, Im obviously not talking to you. If you have never cared about your looks I feel sorry for you, but Im obviously not talking to you. Im talking to the women who looked one way when they got married, and very quickly fell apart in the looks department. Im genuinely wondering what happened!! One lady said she had been beaten her whole marriage. Thats obviously a damn good reason to gain weight.

Put your big girl thong on and deal with the truth.

Edit 2 ***************************************************************

I LOVE all the responses and honesty!! Now I want pictures! are you bravr enouvh to put a picture up of yourself once you've already said how "naturally beautiful" u are without makeup??? I will rate you, and as you can tell by my post Im brutally honest. Lets see some of you back up your claims that you roll out of bed looking like a super model!!!

Ill be the judge!
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:10 AM
Replies (421-430):
mommaharley
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:30 AM
1 mom liked this

I find myself looking "bad" at least once a week.  Sweat pants and a hoodie, going to my 8AM class after getting off work at 11PM, driving an hour home, etc.  Sometimes that extra five minutes of sleep or the time to grab a bite to eat before rushing out the door is a wonderful exchange for "looking good".  MY DH didn't fall in love with me because I "look hot" for him, he fell in love with me because of who I am and because I'm intelligent and funny.  I don't need to look good for him, if I'm going to look "good" for someone, it's going to be me.

Given, I'm only 125 pounds, so it's not like I've "gotten fat" (I might have gained weight, but not fat). Just because I'm EXHAUSTED in the morning doesn't mean I've given up.  I just have more important things to do than look good.  I don't have the luxury of having a real breadwinner, I have to work too to pay off my college.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:31 AM

bump

Emilytrademark
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:33 AM

BabyFruit Ticker
mich.el.le
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:37 AM
2 moms liked this

You sound really, really shallow. I feel sorry for you. I'm sure some women give up and ''don't love themselves'' but some just really don't care. Priorities change. That doesn't give a man a reason to cheat. I'm sorry your relationship is so shallow that you think your husband would, or at least would have reason to cheat on you if you stopped wearing make up and got a little pudgy. Sucks to be you.

The woman in the avi pic is not me, she is my inspiration.  I am a wife, a mother, and an aspiring trainer and nutritionist. I love seeing people get fit and healthy to lead the lives they are meant to live.

Hyman
by Silver Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:40 AM
2 moms liked this
Woo hoo. Thank you. I don't even have to come up with my own response because this is the best!

Quoting mich.el.le:

You sound really, really shallow. I feel sorry for you. I'm sure some women give up and ''don't love themselves'' but some just really don't care. Priorities change. That doesn't give a man a reason to cheat. I'm sorry your relationship is so shallow that you think your husband would, or at least would have reason to cheat on you if you stopped wearing make up and got a little pudgy. Sucks to be you.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Shermy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:43 AM
I am really excited for BBQ tonight.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lstrickland
by Bronze Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:44 AM
I got fat but then I lost it all back and weigh the same as I did in High school.

its easy to get comfy in a relationship. I do wear my fair share of yoga pants but he does see me all done up a few days a week.
babygirl7161
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:52 AM
I've always been skinny and now 2yrs post baby I'm in better shape, being skinny doesn't mean in shape. I weigh the same as I did pre-pregnancy yet am a size 2 instead of a 6, and am working in my six-pack abs :). Some days I feel wonderful and put real.clothes on and a little make up. But my Dh finds me sexy in my yoga pants, but they are still form fitting and they can make me feel like hotness too and then I have days where my self esteem is in the toilet and I just don't want to exist and the t shirts and looser fitting clothes come out. I currently working on the poor self image I have of myself. Everyone I know IRL tell me I'm gorgeous, and I'm crazy and I've should have been a model (I'm also 5'10 which has lead to a lot of my insecurities). From peoples opinions here its a 50/50 shot of whether people say I'm pretty or not lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Ruby Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:53 AM
1 mom liked this

For me it was a big struggle.  DH started spending the money like an ass, so I couldn't afford to buy new makeup, clothing, and get my hair trimmed, much less styled.  Whatever money I could scrape together by the time he was done with it went into things the baby and house needed.  He would complain about my looks, I'd show him the bank statements...The next month he'd blow a TON of money on stuff that he liked but honestly didn't fit my body type at all and looked terrible, and we'd go right back to what it was.

Add to that, my first pregnancy was very complicated and I was on literal bedrest for most of it.  Baby ended up being almost 10 pounds, which REALLY stretched out my skin.  I ended up gaining 70 pounds despite trying to watch my diet while on bedrest.  DH was in charge of meals, and he'd come home with junk again and again.  I had to eat something, so pizza, burgers, Chinese food it was.  I tried to moderate, but when you literally CANNOT exercise even small amounts of those foods added up.  All I was allowed to do was flail my arms for 20 minute intervals.

I ended up threatening divorce.  I couldn't live like that.  DH got a lot better about helping, but still had major money problems.  I stayed b/c he was trying to fix them.  He wouldn't take my advice, but instead he'd splurge on himself then buy me a "consolation gift."  Sorry I blew $500 on video games, here is a Tshirt!  At least he WAS paying the bills first, so there was no more worrying there.  And he would take me to buy a nice outfit when something came up, like his brother's wedding.

By the time we had the second baby, DH was struggling again.  It had been going so well I decided to have the second baby, and once pregnant it fell to pieces again.  I wasn't on bedrest as much this time, thankfully.

I forced DH into financial counseling.  It's been about 10 months and we are finally paying down our debts.  DH and I both get an allowance now that some money is freed up.  I had to spend my entire first few month's of allowance on getting basics like different types of bras, basic makeup, socks, underwear...I had been out of these items for YEARS.

So now, almost 5 years after the birth of our first son, I'm FINALLY starting to put myself back together.  I have lost the extra baby weight, but I have a lot of skin that was destroyed by my first pregnancy.  My health insurance is going to pay for a tummy tuck once DH and I are sure we are done having children.  It isn't cosmetic, it's very much needed.  But in the meantime, that skin makes me look heavier than I am and is VERY hard to dress.  It isn't fatty like I can compress it or wear something to flatter it.  It's literally a loose band of skin, very jiggly.  Compressing it or wearing Spanx makes me look pregnant.  I kind of look like a melted gumdrop with my clothes off.  lol  All I can do is try my best to look decent until the surgery.

It isn't ALWAYS all on the woman.  My husband very much kept me down, to the point I consulted a divorce attorney.  It's not that he didn't love me, he just had no head for money and became incredibly selfish once we were living together.  Now that those are being fixed, we are a pretty happy couple.  Except, no matter what I do, he hates my stomach.  He is in the military and is surrounded by fit young women.  He knows he didn't help matters by what he did, but all I ever hear in the "beauty department" is "You'll get it back."  or "You can tell you used to have a nice shape."

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:56 AM
And anyone is supposed to care what you think?? Just because you are full of yourself doesn't mean your husbands eye won't wander. There is more to people then just looks and hair.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)