Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

any one who hs had a breast reduction get in here!!! please?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies
Ok ladies, next Thursday I am going to be getting a breast reduction and I'm a little nervous idk what to to expect... so I was wondering if you could tell me what to expect with pain and recovery.. how did you get away with not lifting your children for the amount of time? Do you regret getting it? And any thing else you want to tell me lol
A little about what I have going on is I am 5' 2" and I weigh around 160 I am a 36 DDD maybe even bigger I constantly have back and shoulder pains I get tingling in my upper back almost neck and headaches like crazy
Thanks in advance for responses
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BUFFIE.the.BODY
by Ruby Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:19 AM
Wow, you better do your research b4 jumping into something. I've done my research for my breast augmentation for about a year & I'm finally getting mine done soon. It's good to do ALL your research
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:23 AM
No I have not had a breast reduction but I have thought about it. I take care of a girl who had one and they did a horrible job. Her boobs were huge. It was also state insurance that she had so I don't know if that has any factor in it. All I know is I have seen her boobs and they are awful looking. She is only 24 years old.
MsCryStyle
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:24 AM
I had a breast reduction when I was 18. I was abt 5ft and I wore a 34FF. Honestly, IMO the worst part of it was the anticipation waiting for it. My recovery wasn't that painful at all. I will say this, it took me years before I could really tell a dramatic difference. Now I'm in a 40D. It took me a long time before my boobs stuck to one size.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Leobaby2007
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:33 AM

I got a reduction and a lift (no implants) after having my one and only child. He was about 18 months old. It was uncomfortable, but not painful- please, after child birth- it was a piece of cake!

I healed quickly. My husband took a week off work to help out. My parents live close by, which helped. I was able to lift my son very soon after surgery no problem. 

Best thing I ever did. I would highly recommend it to anyone who is sick and tired of wearing a DDD or E cup. I was once a perky, perfect C cup. After pregnancy, I looked like one of those women out of the Nat'l Geographic magazine where their breasts hang down to their belly button lol. I'm now a D. A bit more weight loss might get me down at a C once again.

Insurance did not cover the procedure for me, but it was money well spent

momofhnd
by Silver Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:35 AM
1 mom liked this
Wish I had that problem.. I'm gonna get some boobies in a few years hopefully
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
IWantOneMorePlz
by Gold Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:39 AM

I had it done when I was 21(19 yrs ago).  I took regular tylenol for any pain I had.  It took a while (about a yr) for me to shower without my arms folded acrossed my chest.  Don't regret it for a minute.  

3cutebumz
by Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:46 AM
Me too. My poor boobies are so deflated from having babies and nursing...depending on the bra I'm an A or B 36. I want boobs! Lol

Quoting momofhnd:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:15 AM
I have done tons of research I just want to get opinions from people other then reading something some one who has never had a reduction wrote I'm more nervous then any thing lol when I am nervous I tend to need be reassured

Quoting BUFFIE.the.BODY:

Wow, you better do your research b4 jumping into something. I've done my research for my breast augmentation for about a year & I'm finally getting mine done soon. It's good to do ALL your research

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:16 AM
Oh honey trust me its not fun I have had huge saggy breasts for years its horrible lots of pain and makes it difficult to breast feed

Quoting 3cutebumz:

Me too. My poor boobies are so deflated from having babies and nursing...depending on the bra I'm an A or B 36. I want boobs! Lol

Quoting momofhnd:

Crystal_S
by Bronze Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:22 AM

I want a lift and a slight reduction to get me pre-natl geo boobs back after done having kids :)  How is the scarring? 

Quoting Leobaby2007:

I got a reduction and a lift (no implants) after having my one and only child. He was about 18 months old. It was uncomfortable, but not painful- please, after child birth- it was a piece of cake!

I healed quickly. My husband took a week off work to help out. My parents live close by, which helped. I was able to lift my son very soon after surgery no problem. 

Best thing I ever did. I would highly recommend it to anyone who is sick and tired of wearing a DDD or E cup. I was once a perky, perfect C cup. After pregnancy, I looked like one of those women out of the Nat'l Geographic magazine where their breasts hang down to their belly button lol. I'm now a D. A bit more weight loss might get me down at a C once again.

Insurance did not cover the procedure for me, but it was money well spent

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)