Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Which relationship takes priority? B****y edit****

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Who's first?

Options:

Husband/Wife

Kids

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 838

View Results

Some people say that the key to a strong marriage is to put your husband/wife "first" (before kids) - do you agree? Do you think that a strong marriage is the key to a healthy happy FAMILY?

SO! How many of you bashed the step-mom/Dad's GF for wanting to take a birthday weekend with her SO instead of him having DD that wekend, on her birthday?? THAT MAN, according to 44% of you, SHOULD MAKE HIS RELATIONSHIP WITH HIS S/O HIS PRIORITY?!?

Unless it's a step parent right? Then you single/divorced moms get your panties in a wad because you're a jealous that your ex wants to take care of his relationship with his new S/O and you claim that the step parent is causing conflict and trying to wedge in between the man and his daughter - BUT she's supposed to be the more important relationship, right???

I'm just saying.. I can't beleive how many people in this group flipped SHlT over that post, when half of you think that the "marriage" relationship should take priority over the kids.

Interesting, huh?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:24 AM
Replies (11-20):
Buggy979
by Platinum Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:28 AM
1 mom liked this
Actually my priority in a relationship is ME, then hubby/relationship, then the girls...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RoseBlossom
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:28 AM
6 moms liked this

um husband/wife first because when you get older, the kids LEAVE the house and make their own families and if you always put your spouse second, there is no real marriage left when that happens. PPl who put their kids first are hurting their marriage, IMO, because a strong familiy and happy kids means a strong marriage and happy spouse.

punchnpie
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:28 AM
Hubs. And togather we take care of the kids needs.
JLS2388
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:29 AM
2 moms liked this

It depends on what we are talking about. Children's NEEDS come first but at the same time you do have to maintain your relationship with your spouse. Personally, I think it's more of a balancing act then a line

kristiansmommy1
by Amanda on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:29 AM
My son has always (even when I was married) and will always come first
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:29 AM
My relationship with SO is most important. That being said my kid depends on me to eat so sometimes his needs come before SOs. I'm not going to miss date night though because my child wants me to draw or something.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
.Funfetti.
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:29 AM
2 moms liked this

Husband/Wife. 

If we are not okay, then they are not okay. 

Kitschy
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:30 AM
2 moms liked this
The priority is me, then my relationship, then the kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AVSpecWife4
by Ruby Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:30 AM
Yep I agree.

Quoting Kaelaasmom:

My relationship with my husband is the most important, as it is the basis of our family.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
landen1229
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:30 AM

To me if the husband and wife isn't happy then the child it not happy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN