Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Which relationship takes priority? B****y edit****

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Who's first?

Options:

Husband/Wife

Kids

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 838

View Results

Some people say that the key to a strong marriage is to put your husband/wife "first" (before kids) - do you agree? Do you think that a strong marriage is the key to a healthy happy FAMILY?

SO! How many of you bashed the step-mom/Dad's GF for wanting to take a birthday weekend with her SO instead of him having DD that wekend, on her birthday?? THAT MAN, according to 44% of you, SHOULD MAKE HIS RELATIONSHIP WITH HIS S/O HIS PRIORITY?!?

Unless it's a step parent right? Then you single/divorced moms get your panties in a wad because you're a jealous that your ex wants to take care of his relationship with his new S/O and you claim that the step parent is causing conflict and trying to wedge in between the man and his daughter - BUT she's supposed to be the more important relationship, right???

I'm just saying.. I can't beleive how many people in this group flipped SHlT over that post, when half of you think that the "marriage" relationship should take priority over the kids.

Interesting, huh?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:24 AM
Replies (31-40):
Leobaby2007
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:36 AM

For me personally, my child.

Buggy979
by Platinum Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:36 AM
This is true because if momma isn't happy then no one is.. I think we all forget that it us who are first, then hubby, then kids... But also we are all equal when either needs more attention than the other... :)

Quoting Kitschy:

The priority is me, then my relationship, then the kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NoahandEliza
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:38 AM
3 moms liked this
Kids first. That doesn't mean neglecting my marriage or not knowing my husband, just like women who put their husband first aren't neglecting their kids. If dh decided to leave me, it would suck, but everyone would be ok. If I lost my children, I would never be ok.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Kitschy
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:38 AM
1 mom liked this
Agreed. I can't be a good wife or a good mother if I'm on the back burner.

Quoting Buggy979:

This is true because if momma isn't happy then no one is.. I think we all forget that it us who are first, then hubby, then kids... But also we are all equal when either needs more attention than the other... :)

Quoting Kitschy:

The priority is me, then my relationship, then the kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
megan71108
by Gold Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:39 AM
My son always comes first
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:48 AM
Bump!
ragdoll13
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 3:58 AM
Both are important, but DH comes first. I cannot raise them alone, and its important to me that my kids have a great model of what relationships/marriages should be and have great role models in me and DH. I can't be my best for them if there are issues between me and DH.
hippiemom45
by Silver Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 4:01 AM

my kids will always come first before any relationship. it is just the way I believe. and I would not want it any other way. I am an single mother at the moment but I am pretty sure this philosophy is not waht destroyed my marriages.  (them being abusive did).  and I will not have anyone tell me to put my kids on the back burner or have to make an decision between my kids and some guy or gal.   never happening for me.  MY kids are my number 1 priorities.

briansmommy2010
by Ruby Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 4:03 AM
Yup. As much as I love my DF, our son will ALWAYS be number one.

Quoting ChickenTheChina:

Kids come first for both of us. I didn't create him. I did, however, create my children, and it's my duty to put them above all.
bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Dec. 8, 2012 at 4:09 AM

there needs to be a balance. nobody's needs are a superiority. but priority needs to be determined. partner wants dinner started now, but lo has a poopy bum. who comes first is where the priority needs to be established.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN