Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Which relationship takes priority? B****y edit****

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Who's first?

Options:

Husband/Wife

Kids

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 838

View Results

Some people say that the key to a strong marriage is to put your husband/wife "first" (before kids) - do you agree? Do you think that a strong marriage is the key to a healthy happy FAMILY?

SO! How many of you bashed the step-mom/Dad's GF for wanting to take a birthday weekend with her SO instead of him having DD that wekend, on her birthday?? THAT MAN, according to 44% of you, SHOULD MAKE HIS RELATIONSHIP WITH HIS S/O HIS PRIORITY?!?

Unless it's a step parent right? Then you single/divorced moms get your panties in a wad because you're a jealous that your ex wants to take care of his relationship with his new S/O and you claim that the step parent is causing conflict and trying to wedge in between the man and his daughter - BUT she's supposed to be the more important relationship, right???

I'm just saying.. I can't beleive how many people in this group flipped SHlT over that post, when half of you think that the "marriage" relationship should take priority over the kids.

Interesting, huh?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:24 AM
Replies (41-50):
bluedolly01
by Silver Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 4:22 AM
For us it depends on which is required at the time. Sometimes its DH and I sometimes its the kids.

Right now we are in a good place and there really isn't any single relationship "first".
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ivy801
by Gold Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 4:30 AM
My love for him is enough we got nothing to prove and we both agreed a long time ago our dd comes first above his needs or mine.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lapcounter
by Queen Mom on Dec. 8, 2012 at 7:28 AM
3 moms liked this
God, husband, children in my home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Vipergirl22
by Gold Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 7:31 AM

I think my marriage comes first. Our happiness will reflect in our daughter. We have seen it when we argue.

Beautiful31mom
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 7:32 AM
1 mom liked this
In our home,God first, then my husband then my kids the. The house then everyone Else.

I just would like to make it clear that my kids are not neglected in any way they have plenty of love and food and everything else they would need.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 8, 2012 at 7:42 AM

It's called balance. There are some times that the husband needs to be put first and some times the kids. The trick is both of you knowing which one when.

Often times moms always put the kids first to the point dh feels neglected. It's ok to let johnny be upset because you need to cook something for dh because he leaves in 5 minutes for work. He'll be ok, dh will feel you cared because you helped him and johnny will be ok because when dh leaves he'll have your attention again. He'll also learn it's ok for others to sometimes come first.

It's just about balance.

xomrs.chase
by Ruby Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 7:44 AM
Dh and I agree- our son comes first. His needs, etc. Then us.
Sagely
by Silver Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 7:45 AM
My relationship with dh comes before my relationship with dd, but her needs come first.

Make sense?
Dee24997
by Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 7:48 AM
My kids come first. Point blank period. However, my dh runs a close second. Lol
-spork2.0-
by Platinum Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 7:55 AM
In our relationship, to him, i come first then the kids. Thats because he knows on my end, its kids then him.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)