Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

DF wants me to return some of the gifts I got for my kids to buy for his

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: What would you do?

Options:

Take back a few of your kid's gifts to buy his more

Just give his kids what you already have for them

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 414

View Results

He got laid off 2 weeks ago, then his car needed work that cost a lot more then he had planned. On top of that, when they did the walk through for him to move out of his apartment, they are charging him for BS damage that was done before he even moved in. Basically, he is broke.

He was supposed to be getting a Christmas bonus from his work, instead they laid him off and the Christmas bonus was going to go to buying his kids presents. We are moving in together now but we decided that this would be the last Christmas we buy stuff for our kids separately. I have already gotten my kid's presents and a few things for his kids but he hasn't gotten anything for his kids.

Since there was a problem with my last paycheck (instead of putting 5% of it into my 401k and me getting the rest, they gave me a check for 5% and put the rest in my 401K) I don't have much extra money, espcially now knowing that I will be supporting all of us (well his kids while they are with us) on my paycheck alone until he can get a new job. Now, they will be fixing my pay check but it could take a little bit so in the meantime, I have enough to pay the bills and buy food.

DF said that since there is no money to buy his kids stuff, I should take back some of the stuff I got for my kids to buy his kids stuff. The way I see it 1. we agreed to do separately this year so it's not fair for him to expect me to do this 2. I did buy his kids a few things so it's not like they will have nothing 3. They will be getting stuff at their mom's house so it's not like that's all they are getting for Christmas (I am widowed so my kids don't have a dad's house to go to)

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:43 AM
Replies (11-20):
Derari
by :::Achtung::: on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:55 AM

I see what he is saying, I see what your saying...but heck, what nobody is saying is where is his baby momma in all of this? Where's her money at!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:55 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting svolkov:

I thin k u should borrow from your 401k

Hell no, don't do that. You're financially strapped, you don't want to have to pay out penalties!

FL2AK
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:56 AM

Quoting PitbullPrincess:

Umm. You porovided for yours. It's his reaponsibility to provide for his. Period.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AnastasiaKorsh
1 mom liked this

Are you the same person who posted about your DF "stealing" from your wedding fund to pay for his child support?

If so, you two have a bunch of problems to work out before getting married.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:56 AM
2 moms liked this
Good question!!

Quoting Derari:

I see what he is saying, I see what your saying...but heck, what nobody is saying is where is his baby momma in all of this? Where's her money at!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:56 AM
Take nothing back. If he's like this now, what about after you're married?
svolkov
by Emerald Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:56 AM
Reallly? We got ours in 7 business days. Our old house was supposed to sell before we bought the new house. Didn't happen so we borrowed it from dh acct

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting svolkov:

I thin k u should borrow from your 401k

It takes 30 days to do that so there isn't enough time for that

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momwith2monkeys

i agree with you. His kids will be getting stuff from their mom and you did get them a few things. they will get enough, do short your kids.

KayelynnsMama
by Gold Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:57 AM

I understand that he want to have more stuff for his kids, but at the same time, it isn't fair for your kids to get less.. Especially when his kids will be getting more stuff from their mom's side. If you guys agreed to do Christmas separately, then I would stick to it. You are already supporting him and his kids on your own, you don't need to take your kids presents back so his can have more.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:57 AM
Idk. I would say its his but so many women here expect new guy to be dad to their other kids. So I don't see why its different the other way around. To me if they aren't yours..they aren't your obligation.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN