Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 9 1/2 yo ds is still in a booster

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
What is the longest you have had ( or heard of) a child in a booster?

My son turns 10 in 4 months and I dont feel he is ready to be out of a booster.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:12 AM
Replies (31-40):
doulala
by Silver Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:30 AM
1 mom liked this

I think we switched when they were past 9, but not much past.     (4th grade)

sugarcrisp
by Ruby Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:31 AM
4 moms liked this

I am so glad that there are parents who feel like me. If the law says he's still 'small' enough to be in some sort of seat, my son will have that seat.

My mother thinks I'm being ridiculous and that it's just a way for the government to get more money from the taxes these seat manufacturers have to pay or whatever... 

I honestly do care. My son almost died twice as a newborn. I have an intense fear I'll lose him so I do what I can to protect him. 

gcstar42
by Gold Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:32 AM

I think it varies by state. I live in Texas and unfortunately kids only have to ride in a booster until 8 yrs old regaurdless of height or weight. I really hope this law changes soon. My oldest is 6 1/2 and he will be riding longer than that I am sure. He will stay in the booster until the seat belt fits him just right without help from the booster.

Quoting Anonymous:

What is the least they can weigh and be out of a booster? Anyone know?

queencreekmom
by Silver Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:32 AM

I'm not sure?? I let my son out at 9 and he's only 60 lbs. I need to check that out! My dd is 7 and 50 lbs so she will be in for a while!

Quoting Anonymous:

Is that one or the other? If a child weighs 45-50 pounds at age 8 they would be required to be in a booster?

Quoting queencreekmom:

In Az the law just changed. You must stay in a booster until you are 8 years old or 70 lbs. 

soulofsunmama
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:32 AM
My healthy niece is 13 and weighs not much more.

Quoting Anonymous:

Just curious.why does your 10 year old only weigh 54 pounds? My 5 year old weighs that much and he is a bean pole.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:33 AM
Uhhh, do you have choc. Chip?

Wth? I dont get stupid comments like this. Move on.

Quoting Momniscient:

So did you need a cookie or something?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:35 AM
I dont know. He has always been a tiny thing and he is my good eater. He just gains really slowly. He was at 45 pounds for the longest time. He finally had a growth spurt.

Quoting Anonymous:

Just curious.why does your 10 year old only weigh 54 pounds? My 5 year old weighs that much and he is a bean pole.

soulofsunmama
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:36 AM
1 mom liked this
Nothing at all wrong with being a crazy carseat lady,lol...only takes once of not taking it seriously,kwim?

Quoting DevinAnnesmom:

My 8 year old is in a backless booster. He'll stay there until the law says he can get out of it. I'm not a crazy car seat lady, but I do the best I can with what I have.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
raczac
by Bronze Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:36 AM
My son oldest son is 7 and weighs 73lbs and is 4 ft 11in tall he is in a booster and will be until he is 4 ft 11in and 80lbs that is the law in ky if they've not changed it again. My other son is 6 and is 4 ft and weighs 56lbs and is still in a high back booster.c
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:36 AM

Here ya go.

You made a post about a 10 year old in a carseat and didn't think you'd get sarcastic and silly comments?

Quoting Anonymous:

Uhhh, do you have choc. Chip?

Wth? I dont get stupid comments like this. Move on.

Quoting Momniscient:

So did you need a cookie or something?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured