Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I know this sounds crazy, pregnant and neg. test?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I know everyone hates these "could I be pregnant posts" but I was on depo, it was the end of august that it wore off, never got the next shot. Had a period, had sex the day after haven't had a period since. I know depo messes with people but it never messed with me before, it didnt make sense to have a normal period then nothing for 2 months. Well I had negative pregnancy tests, even the one at the doc was negative, i got the Nexplanon implant, had one day a few weeks later with what seemed heavy dark brown spotting, only heavy enough for a panty liner, but dark brown. Only happend that one day, nothing else. So now 3 months no actual period. I know birth control messes with hormones and all, I never had a period on the depo shot, and apparently won't on the implant either. The thing is I keep feeling like I'm pregnant (have 2 kids) I pee often, can't seem to loose baby weight (2nd was born 7 months ago) even after starting to work out and eat less. My boobs have started to ache, I'm always tired and I swear I keep feeling slight movement in my belly. I felt my 2nd baby move at 12 weeks, I'd now be roughly going on 13 weeks soon going by first day of last period. However I do sometimes have muscle twinges it seems, even when not pregnant. Nothing that can be felt from the outside by someone else. Lately I have been feeling slightly nauseous, earlier I went to throw out my older daughters ramen noodles she didn't eat and just messing them with the fork made me almost gag, and I have strong stomach except when pregnant. I can't seem to get ahold of my emotions, I tear up over the stupiest things, commercials, tv shows etc, anything involving a sweet moment with kid or pet or even significant others. I never cry unless I'm pregnant.

I do realize hormones in birth control can cause pregnancy symptoms I just feel weird because they've never cause all this before. I actually took another pregnancy test the other day, but still negative. I keep looking up if its ever possible for a woman who is this far along to still have negative tests, and some have said yes, some say no impossible. I still have heard of women being 4 months or more pregnant and not showing anything on a pee test. It has been since the day after my last period that I've had sex so no way I'd be less far along. I just don't get it, if I'm going to feel pregnant and retain my baby fat I really don't want to be on birth control, but then I'll get pregnant if no birth control... condoms and natural family planning arent options, sigh, is there anyone on here who has gone a long time without showing a positive test? IS the bc just really messing with me this much? I just don't know, I don't do anything that would harm a fetus so I'm thinking I'll just keep waiting to see if I get a belly, I have with both my kids got a big belly cause I'm sort and small, I keep thinking of the show "I didn't know I was pregnant" ....

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:52 AM
Replies (21-22):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 17, 2012 at 3:22 AM

I can't get back to the doc yet, I have no insurance, staying home with the kids and not married so my only option is medicaid unfortunatly, but still trying to get it. Might just have to call and find out how much a blood test is, but I already have a $3400 er visit to pay for for abdomen pain a couple months ago (said nothing was wrong, think it was gallbladder though)...sigh...

ETA I also have never heard of a ph balance messing with pregnancy tests, that's interesting

mommyajay
by Silver Member on Dec. 17, 2012 at 3:33 AM
Hmm ok
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN