Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I hope the teacher doesn't think I made this.

Posted by   + Show Post

My daughter has to make an insect for a school project. They could pick any insect they wanted and use any materials they wanted. My daughter choose to do a rhinoceros beetle. So I figured foil and paper mâché was our best bet. She did most of the shaping of the foil then I stuck the parts together with toothpicks and put wire legs through the body, and helped her get the paper mâché on tomorrow we will do another layer and hopefully she can paint it by Monday.
Anyhow it's pretty good I hope her teacher doesn't think I did most of the work.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 2:01 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 8, 2012 at 2:10 AM
I think usually the teacher asks a few questions about the project when the kid hands it in so I'm sure she will see then your daughter did a lot of the project herself.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 8, 2012 at 2:12 AM
I did not mean it in a bad way. I was saying that it should pass as your daughters work.

Quoting LCWAmommy:

I think it looks pretty darn accurate. She sat and looked at a pic on the computer the whole time she was shaping the foil

Quoting Anonymous:

It looks like a kid made it
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 8, 2012 at 2:12 AM
I worked in a classroom years ago. I will always remember talking to the teacher one day, admiring all the dioramas. One stood out, it looked like a doll house with JFK. The teacher told me that when she asked the child about JFK the child could not tell the teacher anything about him. You could tell that some were 100% kid made and others had parent help. The doll house was clearly 100% parent. They can tell. :)

Quoting LCWAmommy:

I know a lot of parents take over projects. I try really hard to let them do the work themselves. I only did the legs because it was wire and I didn't want her stabbing herself.

Quoting Anonymous:

Love it! As long as your daughter can explain how it was made and what it is, etc I think you will be fine.
LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 2:18 AM
Yeah I remember when my daughter did her mission project and you could tell which ones the kids worked on and which ones the parents went out and bought the kit. The ones that the kids worked hard on always got a better grade. I do have to admit I helped my oldest a lot when she decided to do the Great Wall of china out of sugar cubes. We hot glued sugar cubes for days!! But it was all her design and she did a lot of the work too.

Quoting Anonymous:

I worked in a classroom years ago. I will always remember talking to the teacher one day, admiring all the dioramas. One stood out, it looked like a doll house with JFK. The teacher told me that when she asked the child about JFK the child could not tell the teacher anything about him. You could tell that some were 100% kid made and others had parent help. The doll house was clearly 100% parent. They can tell. :)

Quoting LCWAmommy:

I know a lot of parents take over projects. I try really hard to let them do the work themselves. I only did the legs because it was wire and I didn't want her stabbing herself.

Quoting Anonymous:

Love it! As long as your daughter can explain how it was made and what it is, etc I think you will be fine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jrogillio
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 2:19 AM
This

Quoting Sassy762:

I always help mine with their projects.......I think I have more fun than they do making them, lol

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
queencreekmom
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 2:21 AM

I doubt she will. We see kids do amazing, creative crafts all the time. She did a great job!

MumsTheWord571
by Platinum Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 2:25 AM

That's cool!

Quoting LCWAmommy:

Just the legs and sticking the head to the body with a toothpick. The body is basically a oval ball of foil and the head part is seperate. Also the top horn is seperate.

Quoting MumsTheWord571:

You sure you didn't do that?

Lindsey1126
by Silver Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 5:40 AM
It looks Scarry but very good..she should get a A+
travelbunny
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 5:49 AM

That's neat.  I've never heard of a rhino beetle before.  Looks like an accurate likeness.

haileys_mommy06
by Silver Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM
Very creative! I think the teacher will know she made it. Especially if that's the creativeness and hard work she shows at school.

My dd (also 6) had a project she needed to do about solids, liquids and gas. She did the whole thing using Word and Photoshop. I was afraid the teacher was going to think we did the project for her, but we didn't. She knows how to use the basics of the two programs. Yes, we sat there next to her and helped guide her along, but she did the work. She did the project over the course of a week so it wasn't rushed. When she got her project back, the teacher left a note saying she could tell she worked very hard on her project. Dd got 100%.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)