Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

abortion

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 74 Replies

I am 10 weeks pregnant. and I am getting an abortion.   I have stage 3 cancer and need chemo.  My family does not know I am pregnant or that I have cancer. I am doing it all by myself. I have 2 kids already. and I feel this is the best choice, as chemo ill most likely kill the embreyo anyways.  I am pro-choice, but have never had to make this decision before. it is not easy for me.  any advise or experience from those who got the surgical first trimester one? I am not sure what to expect. and google is just really not comforting at a time like this.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 8, 2012 at 3:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LucyHourglass
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 3:17 AM

bump

Pandora-Sparrow
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 3:18 AM

I honestly have no idea what to say...but here's a bump for you.

*hugs* 

iamfree
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 3:18 AM
1 mom liked this

I am so sorry for your situation. I have never had an abortion, so I cannot give you any advice on that subject, but why are you keeping your cancer from your family? That is HUGE to be keeping inside. You need all the love and support you can get dealing with something like that.

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Dec. 8, 2012 at 3:18 AM

bump

mommaboudreaux
by Bronze Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 3:22 AM
1 mom liked this

No advice but my heart goes out to you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 8, 2012 at 3:22 AM

thanks everyone so far.   I just dont even know where to begin to tell my family.   They would freak out.

.Funfetti.
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 3:24 AM
1 mom liked this

The only advice I can give you is talk to your family, and also your oncologist. 

I wish you tons of luck! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 8, 2012 at 3:27 AM

my oncologist also agrees with my decision.  as they rarely ever let pregnant women get chemo. and he thinks if I wait I might not live till then without it now.  

_mimimosley_
by Ruby Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 3:28 AM

the clinic will be 100% for you, just make your voice heard on what you "expect" and what will make you comfortable. ask to speak to a councilor

they will listen.

LovinLife81
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 3:28 AM

Good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)