Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

4 year old sociopath? Update

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
No emotions, no regrets, didn't care about others things or feelings..

WTF AM I GOING TO DO? I am going to speak to a therapist tomorrow about it

Dh thinks of aspergers as nothing more than a form of mental retardation..what exactly is it?

Update.
Saw the therapist this morning, gave her a basic run down of his past, the trauma leading up to last night. She was able to give me a couple phone numbers of people that might be able to help. I'll be calling them monday or tuesday. Last ditch effort, cps..understandable..just hope it doesn't come down to that. Thank you to everyone that gave advice..and I will look into the foster/therapy/home thing that was suggested. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers that this gets settled soon
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 8, 2012 at 4:24 AM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 8, 2012 at 4:42 AM
Aspi? Asbergers? (sp?)

Quoting AshandJax:

I thought that about my 6 year old too... especially being his father is a true pschyopath. Over a year of digging and therapy and many other things, we have come to find out he is an aspie. Sometimes aspies can seem to have sociopathic traits. 

We went through a lot... even thought about schitzophrenia at one point... Im just thankful we know what it is. He has made so much progress recently now that we understand better how to handle him... he is more controllable. He still hits his teachers and other kids and says horrible things and still dosnt really grasp the concept of danger, love or hate, but he has learned how to control his impulses alot better than he used to.

One reason we have been able to find out so quickly is b/c I made the decision to send him to a theraputic foster home. She has been a life saver. I miss him and want him home, but it was either send him, or keep him home only for him to continue to get worse and be at a school that didn't want to help and pretty much labled him a bad child.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 8, 2012 at 4:43 AM
Yes

Quoting MommyChristina1:

I'm sorry he's going through that. Sounds like something is going on for sure, but a 4 year old sociopath is a bit over the top, just my opinion. He needs a therapist. History of trauma?

Quoting Anonymous:

By 4 kids know right from wrong, not to play with sharp objects, steal, or take a scalpel from his parents and cut himself with it, and then try to get his younger brother to take the blame for it

Quoting MommyChristina1:

He's 4, kids don't develop a real sense if empathy until around 6.

AshandJax
by Silver Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 4:44 AM

What things? The theraputic foster care?
Its a program through his therapist office. Usually it is a 6 month program, but my sons was extended b/c he was such a special case. Out of over 400 children and 20 years experience, his foster teacher has never had a child like him. She didn't even know how to handle him, so she very well understood how  I was going out of my mind. I talk to her most every night and get his daily score. He is in a behavural class. So much progress and he regresses back every now and then. I fear for his future, but I do have hope now. 

Quoting ivy801:

This is a very interisting concept, didn't know such things existed.

Quoting AshandJax:

I thought that about my 6 year old too... especially being his father is a true pschyopath. Over a year of digging and therapy and many other things, we have come to find out he is an aspie. Sometimes aspies can seem to have sociopathic traits. 

We went through a lot... even thought about schitzophrenia at one point... Im just thankful we know what it is. He has made so much progress recently now that we understand better how to handle him... he is more controllable. He still hits his teachers and other kids and says horrible things and still dosnt really grasp the concept of danger, love or hate, but he has learned how to control his impulses alot better than he used to.

One reason we have been able to find out so quickly is b/c I made the decision to send him to a theraputic foster home. She has been a life saver. I miss him and want him home, but it was either send him, or keep him home only for him to continue to get worse and be at a school that didn't want to help and pretty much labled him a bad child.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 8, 2012 at 4:44 AM
Can you make the site clicky? And thank you

Quoting SnortysMom:

Sorry you are going thru this. I hope your little one gets the help they need. 

Have you ever heard of Jani Schofield (I believe that is how you spell her name) she was a 7 year old girl who was diagnosed with schizophrenia. There have been 2 documentaries about her and her family. Her parents are strong advocates about children and mental illness. Here is their website: www.janisjourney.org. The parents also write a blog about their experiences. I hope this helps a little.

AshandJax
by Silver Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 4:46 AM

Yea. Asperger's syndrome (disorder)

.... lol, assbergers. Still cracks me up. 
He dosn't know. We are going to wait to tell him. He wouldn't understand it right  now and we don't want him to use it as an excuse for bad choices.  

Quoting Anonymous:

Aspi? Asbergers? (sp?)

Quoting AshandJax:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 8, 2012 at 4:47 AM
How would I even begin to know where to look for something like this?

Quoting AshandJax:

What things? The theraputic foster care?
Its a program through his therapist office. Usually it is a 6 month program, but my sons was extended b/c he was such a special case. Out of over 400 children and 20 years experience, his foster teacher has never had a child like him. She didn't even know how to handle him, so she very well understood how  I was going out of my mind. I talk to her most every night and get his daily score. He is in a behavural class. So much progress and he regresses back every now and then. I fear for his future, but I do have hope now. 

Quoting ivy801:

This is a very interisting concept, didn't know such things existed.

Quoting AshandJax:

carolyntx
by Gold Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 4:48 AM
Do I even want to ask why you have a scalpel in your room?!

Quoting Anonymous:

He snuck into my room climbed the bookshelf and stole it. The door will be locked from now on first thing tomorrow morning

Quoting XJetX:

Why does he have access to a scalpel?

Quoting Anonymous:

By 4 kids know right from wrong, not to play with sharp objects, steal, or take a scalpel from his parents and cut himself with it, and then try to get his younger brother to take the blame for it

Quoting MommyChristina1:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AshandJax
by Silver Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 4:49 AM

My son is alot like Jani. I've heard an update recently that she is able to be around her brother in the same home and is making progress. 
We thought he was actually seeing things, be he wasn't, it was.... his reality is like he is on an alien planet... his reality is a mixture of actual and his own.

Quoting Anonymous:

Can you make the site clicky? And thank you

Quoting SnortysMom:

Sorry you are going thru this. I hope your little one gets the help they need. 

Have you ever heard of Jani Schofield (I believe that is how you spell her name) she was a 7 year old girl who was diagnosed with schizophrenia. There have been 2 documentaries about her and her family. Her parents are strong advocates about children and mental illness. Here is their website: www.janisjourney.org. The parents also write a blog about their experiences. I hope this helps a little.

MommyChristina1
by Bronze Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 4:50 AM
:( Poor guy. Get him some help momma. With a therapist trained to deal with trauma and your support, he can make so much progress. I wish you all the best of luck.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes

Quoting MommyChristina1:

I'm sorry he's going through that. Sounds like something is going on for sure, but a 4 year old sociopath is a bit over the top, just my opinion. He needs a therapist. History of trauma?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MommyChristina1:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SnortysMom
by CatMarie on Dec. 8, 2012 at 4:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)