Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If your husband/SO works out of town....

Posted by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 9:26 AM
  • 13 Replies

My husband is out of town Mon-Fri & has had this schedule for MONTHS.  Now, when he's home, I can't sleep.  He makes weird sounds & thrashes around and I just lie there thinking about how difficult it would be to strangle him in his sleep.  I'm exhausted during the weekend & can't wait for Monday to roll around so he'll get the hell out of my bed.  God, I'm the best wife ever.

by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 9:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 8, 2012 at 9:27 AM
Haha I've definitely felt that way at times!!
lovinmama411
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 9:28 AM

lol, my hubby is gone those same days. We have a super king size bed so he don't bother me at night, but when we had our queen size bed I felt the same as you. I would purposely fall asleep on the couch sometimes so I didn't have to deal with it, lol. 

justinnaimee
by Platinum Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 9:30 AM
Mine is gone 2 weeks home 2 weeks. I miss him so much when he's gone that I don't care how much noise he makes I want to be by him.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
southern.momof2
by Pirate on Dec. 8, 2012 at 9:31 AM
I sleep worse when DH is gone. I sleep like a baby when he is here to cuddle with me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jaxsonsmama2009
by Gold Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 9:31 AM
Mine is gone every other week and the first few nights he's home are definetly an adjustment.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Axlynnx
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 9:44 AM
1 mom liked this

Lol I kind of feel like that sometimes when my husband gets back from deployments. There are times I hate sleeping alone and times I love it. I don't have to fight someone for the blankets all night, smell farts, hear snoring or talking in his sleep, I don't get randomly molested in my sleep because he is having a sex dream, or being smacked in the face with an arm mid sleep....yup those are days I wish I had the bed to myself. I just get the urge to slowly push him off the bed and let him sleep on the floor. Then when he wakes up and says wtf happened i'll just say oh honey you rolled out of bed, you looked so comfy on the hardwood floors I figured id just leave you be and give you a blanket. 

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Dec. 8, 2012 at 9:45 AM

I have the opposite problem.  I sleep much more soundly when my husband is home.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 8, 2012 at 9:46 AM
I do the same

Quoting southern.momof2:

I sleep worse when DH is gone. I sleep like a baby when he is here to cuddle with me.

-ZombieGirl-
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 9:49 AM

DH is military so when he comes home it sure does take a well to get use to him in the bed again. 

Susanmomof
by Bronze Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 9:50 AM
1 mom liked this
Just remember this when your sleeping with them " One good roll gets most of the blanket"!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured