Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Her poor baby girl

Posted by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 10:55 AM
  • 8 Replies

There's a girl I know who had a baby about 6 months ago and I fear for that little girl's future. Her mom is... well, she's a young mom and still trying to live as if she doesn't have a kid. She lives off the state, is getting piercings and tattoos left and right (which I'm not against, I just don't like that she's putting that as more important than her daughter), and is constantly trying to get other people to take care of her baby so she can go out and do her own thing. Plus, she keeps posting pictures of pipes with captions of "stoner," "weed," "pothead," and the like. Technically the photos don't show her smoking around her baby so there's nothing to be done. I just know she has that around her baby and I feel obligated to do something about it purely for the protection of her baby. Makes me so sad and it breaks my heart. Is there anything I can do (helpful comments only, please)?

by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 10:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
KailesMommy
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 10:58 AM
If you feel the baby is in danger call cps.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RoseBlossom
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 10:59 AM

sounds like she should be on teen mom, some of those girls are like that too

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:00 AM
So because she's a young mom, she's not allowed to have any life whatsoever apart from her child?
Aujonfire
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:10 AM
1 mom liked this

No, she's just putting tattoos and pot over her child. Trust me, I wish I could have a life outside of being a SAHM but my kids are my priority right now until they're a little older.

Quoting Anonymous:

So because she's a young mom, she's not allowed to have any life whatsoever apart from her child?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:11 AM
How do you know she's choosing that OVER her child?

Quoting Aujonfire:

No, she's just putting tattoos and pot over her child. Trust me, I wish I could have a life outside of being a SAHM but my kids are my priority right now until they're a little older.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:15 AM
2 moms liked this
I would report her to cps.

On a side note-You should NEVER smoke pot or be stoned when you are around your child. What you do on your time is your business but when you are with the child, it is THEIR time.
jessi2girls
by Ruby Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:18 AM

this

Quoting Anonymous:

I would report her to cps.

On a side note-You should NEVER smoke pot or be stoned when you are around your child. What you do on your time is your business but when you are with the child, it is THEIR time.

jessi2girls
by Ruby Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:21 AM

Doesn't matter if you are a young or an older mom.. your child take priority over all things..

Does this mean you can never go out? No.. but it does mean that there are sacrifices you should make for your child to ensure they have a happy, safe, and healthy life. 

That includes making sure you are financially secure enough to provide for your childs basic needs, and not splurging on things you can not afford that are not beneficial in anyway.. it also means, not partying it up all the time and smoking pot all the time. 

If you are not willing to make your child a priority over yourself, then you have no business being a parent. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured